Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+10
football51
NCgreen12
SackExchange
Seaver
LIJETFAN
hobson54
Superman55
NickSINYC
GratefulJet
Sarge
14 posters

Marrone vs Quinn?

Poll

Marrone or Quinn.....

[ 0 ]
    Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Bar_left0%Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Bar_left0%Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Bar_left20%Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Bar_left13%Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Bar_left33%Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Bar_left33%Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Poll closed
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 3 Empty Re: Marrone vs Quinn?

Post by Blindsidebrick Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 15:48

SackExchange wrote:cy, the part about those guys getting fat speaks to my point about the players not working hard for Rex. They might play hard on Sunday, but you could argue they spent a lot of time vacationing during the week.

Conditioning, preparation, discipline.

I had questions about these things watching the Jets the last few years. We looked overmatched at times. Especially in the 4th quarter. Stupid penalties were seen every week.

That ain't Idzik. That's Rex. No matter how much fans and media want to blame the same guy all the time.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 15:51

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:cy, the part about those guys getting fat speaks to my point about the players not working hard for Rex. They might play hard on Sunday, but you could argue they spent a lot of time vacationing during the week.

I had questions about these things watching the Jets the last few years. We looked overmatched at times. Especially in the 4th quarter. Stupid penalties were seen every week.

That ain't Idzik. That's Rex. No matter how much fans and media want to blame the same guy all the time.
    Couldn't be. Rex is a good guy. Boastful. The kind of guy you want to have a beer with.

You don't want one of them edjucated types, like that Idzik fellow.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 0:05

SackExchange wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:

Couldn't be. Rex is a good guy. Boastful. The kind of guy you want to have a beer with.

? You can be educated and yet still not cut out for the role. 

It has become clear to me now that Rex has been Manish's mole in the Jets organization. Just read today's MM article about Rex going to Buffalo. It's as if Rex dictated it, it's so composed of his interior thoughts. But just as getting rid of Rex wasn't a bad idea despite the fact he's a good guy to have a beer with, getting rid of Idzik wasn't a bad idea just because MM (IOW Rex, via his proxy) was pushing for it. It was time for both to go, and I'm really looking forward to what the new guys do with the team. Hopefully they're given at least a short honeymoon by the press, and can actually get a little work in before the sniping begins.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 10:24

GratefulJet wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:

It has become clear to me now that Rex has been Manish's mole in the Jets organization. Just read today's MM article about Rex going to Buffalo. It's as if Rex dictated it, it's so composed of his interior thoughts. But just as getting rid of Rex wasn't a bad idea despite the fact he's a good guy to have a beer with, getting rid of Idzik wasn't a bad idea just because MM (IOW Rex, via his proxy) was pushing for it. It was time for both to go, and I'm really looking forward to what the new guys do with the team. Hopefully they're given at least a short honeymoon by the press, and can actually get a little work in before the sniping begins.
    You absolutely can be educated and not cut out for the role.

The problem is, this fan base somewhat mirrors society at large, where being plain spoken is more revered than being well spoken. Rex is essentially a populist. If he came across as more bookish, there is no way he would have gotten away with four years without a winning season, and no chants or billboards or towels saying "Fire Rex." Basically, Rex connected with the fan base, in particular the more salt-of-the-earth armchair GMs and OCs, the ones who made up the base of the billboard movement.

I share your hope that the press gives the new regime something of a honeymoon. Perhaps more importantly, I hope the fan base does the same.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 11:51

GratefulJet wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:

No one ever blamed the dumb penalties on Idzik.

But hiring Bill Gates to scout NFL players and draft isn't a good direction either...

We all read lots of reports that Idzik wasn't just a bean counter, but the majority of the good he did was in the bean counting department...just like the majority of what Rex did was on defense...

Neither appear suited to be more than what they're good at, coaching defense and counting beans.

Hopefully the next two guys we hire can manage the bigger picture.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024 - 0:49