Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+10
football51
NCgreen12
SackExchange
Seaver
LIJETFAN
hobson54
Superman55
NickSINYC
GratefulJet
Sarge
14 posters

Marrone vs Quinn?

Poll

Marrone or Quinn.....

[ 0 ]
    Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Bar_left0%Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Bar_left0%Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Bar_left20%Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Bar_left13%Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Bar_left33%Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Bar_left33%Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Poll closed
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Marrone vs Quinn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Marrone vs Quinn?

Post by NCgreen12 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:23

NickSINYC wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:the biggest problem with waiting for quinn (assuming seattle advances far in the playoffs) is you delay the ability to put together a coaching staff.  now i'm sure he can start assembling a staff unofficially (such as the rumored bringing in kyle shannahan as OC), but that is more difficult to do when competing against 5 other teams putting together a staff, plus the other coaching movement around the league.

that said, i don't think you hire coach A over coach B to expedite the process if coach B is your preferred candidate.

so to sum up...let's go panthers!!! Very Happy

I know I will be rooting hard against the Seahawks tomorrow

So will I and also hope the Sea Hawk defense pitches a shutout but loses because Wilson committed a couple of pick sixes. Smile
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:23

Well, it certainly wasn't me. I hated how Idzik did not do more at CB before the season, and made that abundantly clear. I was not happy when he let DRC walk out the building without signing, only to have him go the next day to the Giants.

But I will give you credit. You did admit you were wrong about Benjamin. I rescind my previous comment about you not admitting you are wrong.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:23

So, Marrone vs Quinn............... for a second there, I thought I mistakenly logged on to Jets Insider.com.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:25

football51 wrote:So, Marrone vs Quinn............... for a second there, I thought I mistakenly logged on to Jets Insider.com.
    I wasn't even involved in this until 55 mentioned my name, unprovoked.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:33

SackExchange wrote:
    football51 wrote:So, Marrone vs Quinn............... for a second there, I thought I mistakenly logged on to Jets Insider.com.
    I wasn't even involved in this until 55 mentioned my name, unprovoked.

Yup, I noticed that I got a shout out as well. I'm still not sure why.
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:41

While I would be OK with Marrone because my gut tells me he would do a good job maybe my expectations should want more than that. It's time that being "good" is just not good enough.

With that said the "unknown" of a guy like Quinn intrigues me because even though we have no evidence of how he would be as a head coach we do know he has excelled in what he currently does as a defensive coordinator. BTW - with regards to their defense, the thing I really like is their team speed and that is what the Jets D has lacked for a very long time and is needed against the offenses that are being run (see our inability to handle the intermediate passing game). Feel certain he will stress that going forward.

The rest is just blind faith that Casserly and Wolf are good/great evaluators and possibly see a great head coach in Quinn.

Maybe my last point is it's just our time to get lucky. I'll go with the unknown in Quinn.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:49

NCgreen12 wrote:While I would be OK with Marrone because my gut tells me he would do a good job maybe my expectations should want more than that. It's time that being "good" is just not good enough.  

With that said the "unknown" of a guy like Quinn intrigues me because even though we have no evidence of how he would be as a head coach we do know he has excelled in what he currently does as a defensive coordinator. BTW - with regards to their defense, the thing I really like is their team speed and that is what the Jets D has lacked for a very long time and is needed against the offenses that are being run (see our inability to handle the intermediate passing game). Feel certain he will stress that going forward.

The rest is just blind faith that Casserly and Wolf are good/great evaluators and possibly see a great head coach in Quinn.  

Maybe my last point is it's just our time to get lucky. I'll go with the unknown in Quinn.  

Seems like that has been the case since Parcells, right? Since our LBs have been Cox, Phifer, Marvin Jones, Pace, David Harris, Bryan Thomas, Pepper Johnson...doesn't feel like we've had much speed in our D in a long time, just a lot of lumber...Farrior and Abraham were the only ones with a little speed...and since they were fast but injury prone, out the door they went.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:54

Superman55 wrote:
    NCgreen12 wrote:While I would be OK with Marrone because my gut tells me he would do a good job maybe my expectations should want more than that. It's time that being "good" is just not good enough.  

Seems like that has been the case since Parcells, right?  Since our LBs have been Cox, Phifer, Marvin Jones, Pace, David Harris, Bryan Thomas, Pepper Johnson...doesn't feel like we've had much speed in our D in a long time, just a lot of lumber...Farrior and Abraham were the only ones with a little speed...and since they were fast but injury prone, out the door they went.
    You could add Vilma to the list of speedier, injury-prone LBs who got shown the door.

A part of it has to do with the scheme. Since Parcells, there have been elements of the 3-4 being used in every system except for largely the Herm era.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:56

Superman55 wrote:

Seems like that has been the case since Parcells, right?  Since our LBs have been Cox, Phifer, Marvin Jones, Pace, David Harris, Bryan Thomas, Pepper Johnson...doesn't feel like we've had much speed in our D in a long time, just a lot of lumber...Farrior and Abraham were the only ones with a little speed...and since they were fast but injury prone, out the door they went.

I think if it is Quinn we will run more 4-3 in that case we definitely need to upgrade our LB speed. You can get away with plodding LBs more running a 3-4
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 15:00

I also suspect Quinn would bring in a 4-3 base, though probably have some hybrid elements. The line might be set, with Coples-Snacks-Sheldon-Mo, with Ellis rotating at DT and Douzable perhaps at DE, but among the LBs, it would likely mean the end of the David Harris era. Davis could stay, and would be able to handle the adjustment, I think.

The team has to spend money, so my guess is LB will be one place where money is spent, especially if there is a shift to a four-man front.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 15:04

SackExchange wrote:I also suspect Quinn would bring in a 4-3 base, though probably have some hybrid elements. The line might be set, with Coples-Snacks-Sheldon-Mo, with Ellis rotating at DT and Douzable perhaps at DE, but among the LBs, it would likely mean the end of the David Harris era. Davis could stay, and would be able to handle the adjustment, I think.

The team has to spend money, so my guess is LB will be one place where money is spent, especially if there is a shift to a four-man front.

Totally agree with all this
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 15:39

Seaver wrote:I'm for Quinn......but the pessimist side in me worries about getting him as more and more good things are being written about him.  The football gods won't let the Jets get this right, will they?

Lets hope not I want Quinn ....
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 16:52

hobson54 wrote:thanks for telling me i'm aloud.  i thought i was being quiet... Very Happy

not sure what your post meant.  i don't think going from slight lean on marrone to slight lean on quinn is quite the same as the diametrically opposed positions you've taken on things like love of geno, love of the draft class, etc...  not sure why you even felt the need to make that comment unless you want to revisit this topic?

Greg, Lets be honest, 55 besides flipping on most of his post, he will fight anyone that disagree's with him. And if he feels threatened he will start calling posters names, or making rude dumb childless comments like,"people over 50 can't remember what they posted two years ago"! Yeah 55 I've got Dementia and eating my lunch through a tube !

The purpose of this new board was to get away from the insane asylum they now call Jets Insider, yet a few posters over here that were suspended numerous times there, are right back on this board starting trouble with every poster on the board. We might has well let JetRepulsion come here to join 55 and a few of recent Patriot fans. Bang Head

Go Jets...Cyborg
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 16:58

Sorry about my rant, I know nothing about Quinn except what I've read. I thought our new GM was going to hire our next HC, and I thought we were going to focus on an offensive minded coach ?

With that said, I prefer Quinn over Mallone.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 17:23

Superman55 wrote:

Marvin was drafted not only for his hitting , but his speed.........that damn hip injury ruined a possible HOF career. Marvin Jones was a better LB at FSU than Derrick Brooks.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 17:29

Yeah, but Shade Tree Jones' other problem was he didn't like to stay in shape. The guy never reached his potential for that reason as well.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 19:02

cysporsche wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:thanks for telling me i'm aloud.  i thought i was being quiet... Very Happy

not sure what your post meant.  i don't think going from slight lean on marrone to slight lean on quinn is quite the same as the diametrically opposed positions you've taken on things like love of geno, love of the draft class, etc...  not sure why you even felt the need to make that comment unless you want to revisit this topic?

Greg, Lets be honest, 55 besides flipping on most of his post, he will fight anyone that disagree's with him. And if he feels threatened he will start calling posters names, or making rude dumb childless comments like,"people over 50 can't remember what they posted two years ago"! Yeah 55 I've got Dementia and eating my lunch through a tube !

The purpose of this new board was to get away from the insane asylum they now call Jets Insider, yet a few posters over here that were suspended numerous times there, are right back on this board starting trouble with every poster on the board. We might has well let JetRepulsion come here to join 55 and a few of recent Patriot fans. Bang Head

Go Jets...Cyborg
    There is unfortunately some truth to this.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 8:00

SackExchange wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg
    There is unfortunately some truth to this.

Oh man, way to call him out on his dementia...
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 13:30

SackExchange wrote:I also suspect Quinn would bring in a 4-3 base, though probably have some hybrid elements. The line might be set, with Coples-Snacks-Sheldon-Mo, with Ellis rotating at DT and Douzable perhaps at DE, but among the LBs, it would likely mean the end of the David Harris era. Davis could stay, and would be able to handle the adjustment, I think.

You know I'll love seeing us in a 4-3, but now in this pass crazy league, I'm leaning towards a 4-2-5. Bring Antonio Allen & Calvin Pryor up on the box, they hit like LB's and put your 3 best DB's behind them.

On the DL I'd love Coples back @ DE, but I don't want to fatten up Richardson to 290-300 either ? So since Coples had his best year @ UNC his junior year as DT, let's slide him inside with Richardson, and have him and Big Mo drop 10 pounds for more speed.

If Quinn does become our HC, he will demand or acquire more team speed. Did you guy's see how sloppy FAT Mangold & Colon were @ the end of the season. Even Amaro looked pudgy and over weight. When we lost Coach Lott (I think) who was the weight room and fitness coach, our team has never looked the same. I'm ramblin.....

Go Jets...Cyborg
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 11:52

Actually I had Richardson above @ DT, what I meant to say is:
    DE - Wilkerson
    DT - Snacks
    DT- Coples
    DE - Richardson

In a 4-2-5 or 4-3 I think Demario Davis can play OLB with his speed.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 12:39

Reports swirling that the Jets brass almost took a plane out to Seattle if they had lost to Carolina to hire Dan Quinn.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 15:19

cysporsche wrote:Actually I had Richardson above @ DT, what I meant to say is:
    DE - Wilkerson
    DT - Snacks
    DT- Coples
    DE - Richardson

Go Jets...Cyborg

I would play Coples at DE and Wilkerson at DT
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 15:27

cysporsche wrote:

You know I'll love seeing us in a 4-3, but now in this pass crazy league, I'm leaning towards a 4-2-5. Bring Antonio Allen & Calvin Pryor up on the box, they hit like LB's and put your 3 best DB's behind them.

On the DL I'd love Coples back @ DE, but I don't want to fatten up Richardson to 290-300 either ? So since Coples had his best year @ UNC his junior year as DT, let's slide him inside with Richardson, and have him and Big Mo drop 10 pounds for more speed.

If Quinn does become our HC, he will demand or acquire more team speed. Did you guy's see how sloppy FAT Mangold & Colon were @ the end of the season. Even Amaro looked pudgy and over weight. When we lost Coach Lott (I think) who was the weight room and fitness coach, our team has never looked the same. I'm ramblin.....

Go Jets...Cyborg
    I really don't care for a base nickel package, especially for a team in the northeast. There is a much stronger ground game late in the season, when the weather turns rougher.

Add to that Rex in the division, and you still need a front seven.

I just don't understand weakening your strongest part of the team, the front seven, and making it a front six.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 15:29

NickSINYC wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:Actually I had Richardson above @ DT, what I meant to say is:
    DE - Wilkerson
    DT - Snacks
    DT- Coples
    DE - Richardson

Go Jets...Cyborg

I would play Coples at DE and Wilkerson at DT
    I'd put Richardson inside alongside Snacks. I can see Mo inside before Coples, but I'd prefer both of them as the DEs.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 15:30

cy, the part about those guys getting fat speaks to my point about the players not working hard for Rex. They might play hard on Sunday, but you could argue they spent a lot of time vacationing during the week.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 21:05