A New Community for Jets Fans


    Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Share
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13305
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by Sarge on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 14:56

    What the deuce?
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10604
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by NickSINYC on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 15:01


    Dolphins hiring Mike Tannenbaum as executive V.P. of football operations
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12827
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by football51 on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 15:03

    He's going to continue to represent Quinn through the end of the month.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10604
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by NickSINYC on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 15:04

    Dolphins to hire ex-Jets GM Tannenbaum for front-office role

    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43821
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by hobson54 on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 15:05

    football51 wrote:He's going to continue to represent Quinn through the end of the month.

    how can he possibly do that? represent someone who may become the head coach of another nfl team? even if it's not the jets, that seems like a huge conflict of interest
    avatar
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

    Posts : 340
    Points : 1371
    Join date : 2014-10-22

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by Seaver on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 15:05

    so how does that affect his current status as agent? though he hasn't officially taken over yet, there seems to be an ethical issue of him handling Dan Quinn's affairs at this stage. I don't like how that sets up over the next few weeks.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10604
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by NickSINYC on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 15:10

    hobson54 wrote:
    football51 wrote:He's going to continue to represent Quinn through the end of the month.

    how can he possibly do that?  represent someone who may become the head coach of another nfl team?  even if it's not the jets, that seems like a huge conflict of interest

    His job in Miami is effective Feb. 1

    I guess that is the technicality that lets finish up with his clients
    avatar
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

    Posts : 340
    Points : 1371
    Join date : 2014-10-22

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by Seaver on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 15:41

    I gotta think if I'm Quinn, I wash my hands of MT now.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42365
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by SackExchange on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 15:48

    The problem is, if Seattle makes the SB (which is certainly a possibility), his hiring would come after Tanny takes the Miami job.

    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43821
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by hobson54 on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 15:54

    NickSINYC wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:
    football51 wrote:He's going to continue to represent Quinn through the end of the month.

    how can he possibly do that?  represent someone who may become the head coach of another nfl team?  even if it's not the jets, that seems like a huge conflict of interest

    His job in Miami is effective Feb. 1

    I guess that is the technicality that lets finish up with his clients


    i understand that technicality (assuming the jets or any other team is negotiating a contract with quinn prior to 2/1). it would just seem to be a huge conflict of interest. would he try to steer his client away from a potential divisional rival of the team he is about to take over?

    as was said above, quinn should probably look to change representation now to avoid any messiness.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19485
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 16:02

    hobson54 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:
    football51 wrote:He's going to continue to represent Quinn through the end of the month.

    how can he possibly do that?  represent someone who may become the head coach of another nfl team?  even if it's not the jets, that seems like a huge conflict of interest

    His job in Miami is effective Feb. 1

    I guess that is the technicality that lets finish up with his clients


    i understand that technicality (assuming the jets or any other team is negotiating a contract with quinn prior to 2/1).  it would just seem to be a huge conflict of interest.  would he try to steer his client away from a potential divisional rival of the team he is about to take over?

    as was said above, quinn should probably look to change representation now to avoid any messiness.  

    Right now isn't when Quinn should be focused on finding a new agent...between preparing for a Super Bowl run and job interviews, how much time does he have to meet with different agents to represent him? Not saying its impossible, but there are only so many hours in the day, you know?

    Maybe he can just switch agents within the same firm.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19485
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 17:26

    Dennis Waszak Jr. ✔ @DWAZ73
    So, based in that info from @SBJLizMullen, it appears Rick Smith could be the point guy instead of Mike T moving forward, re: Dan Quinn, etc
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10604
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by NickSINYC on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 17:32

    Liz Mullen @SBJLizMullen · 14m 14 minutes ago
    Veteran NFL player agent Rick Smith will take over the coaching division Mike Tannenbaum launched at Priority Sports & Entertainment.

    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12827
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by football51 on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 17:33



    Joe Caporoso
    ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    Tannenbaum signed Sanchez to a 20 million dollar extension & then 10 days later traded 2 draft picks for Tim Tebow and give him 2.5 million






    Joe Caporoso
    ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    Amazing 2012 NYJ stat: 2/3 QBs, 5/7 leading receivers, 14/22 players who caught a pass, 4 D starters are all of out NFL already
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19485
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 18:05

    Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Mike Tannenbaum said he's not doing any of the negotiations anymore for Priority Sports.

    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 474
    Points : 11569
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by cysporsche on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 18:20

    Tannenbaum's last words to Quinn, "Dan you'd be a fool to go the the Jets organization"!

    Go Jets...Cyborg
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12827
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by football51 on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 19:03

    Cimini seems to think that Tannenbaum will still represent Quinn.






    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/48285/how-jets-could-be-impacted-by-mike-tannenbaums-new-job-in-miami?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10604
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by NickSINYC on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 19:12

    football51 wrote:Cimini seems to think that Tannenbaum will still represent Quinn.






    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/48285/how-jets-could-be-impacted-by-mike-tannenbaums-new-job-in-miami?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

    Cimini needs to get caught up he has been quoted that he will not

    Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 1h 1 hour ago
    Mike Tannenbaum said he's not doing any of the negotiations anymore for Priority Sports.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12827
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by football51 on Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 16:16

    I'm confused now.





    Liz Mullen
    ‏@SBJLizMullen
    . @PrioritySports CEO Mark Bartelstein: "Mike Tannenbaum & Rick Smith will work in tandem to bring Dan Quinn’s deal to conclusion."

    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10604
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by NickSINYC on Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 16:22

    football51 wrote:I'm confused now.





    Liz Mullen
    ‏@SBJLizMullen
    . @PrioritySports CEO Mark Bartelstein: "Mike Tannenbaum & Rick Smith will work in tandem to bring Dan Quinn’s deal to conclusion."


    I find it confusing in 2 ways 1st Mikes was quoted that he would not be involve with any clients and 2nd the way the quote reads to me it almost sounds like there is a deal on the table from someone we don't know about
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12827
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by football51 on Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 16:26

    NickSINYC wrote:
    football51 wrote:I'm confused now.





    Liz Mullen
    ‏@SBJLizMullen
    . @PrioritySports CEO Mark Bartelstein: "Mike Tannenbaum & Rick Smith will work in tandem to bring Dan Quinn’s deal to conclusion."


    I find it confusing in 2 ways 1st Mikes was quoted that he would not be involve with any clients and 2nd the way the quote reads to me it almost sounds like there is a deal on the table from someone we don't know about




    Right, which is against league rules(tampering). You're not allowed to offer a contract or negotiate a contract with a coach still in the playoffs.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mike Tannenbaum to Dolphins?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017 - 2:58