Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+14
lnap23
Superman55
NCgreen12
NYJETSDAN16
GratefulJet
football51
NickSINYC
Blindsidebrick
The Wicker Man
hobson54
LIJETFAN
AFA2017
Sarge
Hunter07
18 posters

Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ...

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ... - Page 8 Empty Re: Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ...

Post by cysporsche Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 15:15

Superman55 wrote:
    AFA2017 wrote:Okay, I now understand the Marrone deal with regards to ownership and don't hold that against him. I still disagree with the Watkins trade. Who expected Beckham to have the year he had (Cy didn't)! The Bills are drafting 19th. Its not like they are drafting 6th. They rolled the dice and traded for a gem. Its not like they traded up for Shaq Evans and got crap out of it. They went for the best WR on the board. Look at Green, Julio Jones. Teams trading 2 #1's for difference makers. Would you have traded 2 #1's for CB's Sherman or Revis non QB's. If you said No, Okay, your little secret!

Cy and I were wrong about Benjamin, but Cy was 100% right on Beckham.  Beckham was his #2 after Watkins.  I don't agree that Cy didn't believe Beckham could be this good.  I wAsnt a fan of Beckham because he benches The same amount as my 5 year old daughter, but he looks like the next Tory Holt to me now (ie special).  Cy always wanted him in Green & White.

Thanks Kevin, you're right, I was 100% in on Odell Beckham Jr. simply because I knew Watkins was out of reach. And like Kevin said, I saw too much of a risk factor with Benjamin. I'm an ACC guy, but beginning to question if I'm scared of Florida St. players ? It must be that I see Jimbo Fisher as a great car salesman type, but a little "shady"! I don't feel that way about Saban or Meyer, just Jimbo.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ... - Page 8 Empty Re: Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ...

Post by lnap23 Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 16:19

Urban Meyer is shady as F^%&!!!! Great coach but he is definitely a snake. Would be a horrible, absolutely horrible NFL coach.. Grown men would not listen to him.. He's a college coach lifer ALA Spurrier!! And ALA Spurrier he may go to the NFL someday but find himself beatdown and back in the college ranks where he belongs.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 16:47

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 17:01

Nice to see the other side of the story in print.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 19:19

Rich Cimini
    ‏@RichCimini
    Bill Parcells on Doug Marrone: "I do like him. I thought he did a good job at Syracuse and I liked him at Buffalo." (@ESPNNY98_7FM). #nyj
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 19:24

football51 wrote:

Rich Cimini
    ‏@RichCimini
    Bill Parcells on Doug Marrone: "I do like him. I thought he did a good job at Syracuse and I liked him at Buffalo." (@ESPNNY98_7FM). #nyj

Another NFL icon with positive thoughts about Marrone. I wonder if we hear from Mehta on this.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 19:42

That's hilarious about what Parcells said.....15 words from him outweighs hours of media BS
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 19:56

I'm gonna go troll manish on this one
    AFA2017
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by AFA2017 Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 20:17

Bill Parcells is high on Doug Marrone. Parcells was also high on Bradway as a GM!
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 20:26

lnap23 wrote:I'm gonna go troll manish on this one

Twisted Evil
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 20:29

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 20:46

lnap23 wrote:Urban Meyer is shady as F^%&!!!!  Great coach but he is definitely a snake.  Would be a horrible, absolutely horrible NFL coach.. Grown men would not listen to him.. He's a college coach lifer ALA Spurrier!!  And ALA Spurrier he may go to the NFL someday but find himself beatdown and back in the college ranks where he belongs.

Lou, I've heard bad things about Chip & Brian Kelly, Nick Saban and about every other College Coach, and Pete Carroll was crucified @ USC and he's done alright with the Seahawks. You can't always believe what you hear and read, especially on Jet boards. LOL

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 21:14

I don't think anyone disputes Urban Meyer is a great college football coach
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 22:32

Sarge wrote:I don't think anyone disputes Urban Meyer is a great college football coach

How does anyone know if a College HC will be a great NFL HC unless they are given a shot ? I do know one thing, if it was announced that Urban Meyer was named our next HC, it would rock the sports World! affraid

Go Jets...Cyborg
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 22:37

cysporsche wrote:
    Sarge wrote:I don't think anyone disputes Urban Meyer is a great college football coach

How does anyone know if a College HC will be a great NFL HC unless they are given a shot ? I do know one thing, if it was announced that Urban Meyer was named our next HC, it would rock the sports World! affraid

Go Jets...Cyborg

so you want a coach who has never run a pro style offense or developed a pro QB?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 11:01

Could Pace hire result in Marrone reunion?

Posted by Mike Florio on January 9, 2015, 9:52 AM EST
    Doug Marrone
    AP
    With Ryan Pace unexpectedly becoming the General Manager of the Bears (Chris Ballard had been the favorite to get the job, and per one source had been telling others he believed he’d be hired), the next question becomes the identity of the team’s next coach.

And the obvious dot-connecting name to watch is Doug Marrone.

Marrone worked for the Saints with Pace. And there’s a feeling within the Saints organization that Marrone will at least get consideration, given the relationship between Marrone and Pace.

But then there’s the “Doug Marrone is a butthole” camp, consisting of plenty of folks in the league who think Marrone’s personality will doom him. If he’s such a jerk, how did he develop the kind of relationship with Pace that would prompt Pace to consider him?

The bigger question isn’t whether Pace and Marrone can get along (although that’s important) but whether Marrone can get along with everyone else. Then again, who cares if the head coach is a jerk at times? Plenty are. Especially most of the best ones.

As to Pace, the thinking is he’ll become one of the better General Managers. He got first-hand experience on the job in 2012, taking over while G.M. Mickey Loomis was suspended for whatever it was that he supposedly did to merit an eight-game suspension for a bounty scandal that he had zero responsibility for.

Pace, who broke into the NFL 13 years ago as an intern with the Saints, is regarded as a guy who does not become overwhelmed by the size of the job, and who does not get rattled. Those qualities will be tested in Chicago, where it’s clear that ownership wants the team to get back to its winning ways, 30 years after the team’s most recent Super Bowl win.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:21

Superman55 wrote:
    AFA2017 wrote:Okay, I now understand the Marrone deal with regards to ownership and don't hold that against him. I still disagree with the Watkins trade. Who expected Beckham to have the year he had (Cy didn't)! The Bills are drafting 19th. Its not like they are drafting 6th. They rolled the dice and traded for a gem. Its not like they traded up for Shaq Evans and got crap out of it. They went for the best WR on the board. Look at Green, Julio Jones. Teams trading 2 #1's for difference makers. Would you have traded 2 #1's for CB's Sherman or Revis non QB's. If you said No, Okay, your little secret!

Cy and I were wrong about Benjamin, but Cy was 100% right on Beckham.  Beckham was his #2 after Watkins.  I don't agree that Cy didn't believe Beckham could be this good.  I wAsnt a fan of Beckham because he benches The same amount as my 5 year old daughter, but he looks like the next Tory Holt to me now (ie special).  Cy always wanted him in Green & White.
    Wow! You really did admit that!

I am impressed.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:21

I heard Francesa say on his show that it was Woody who squashed the Marrone hiring. He was not thrilled with how the interview went. He was still counseled to hire Marrone but refuses to do so.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:23

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:26

Nick, do you believe this? Francessa has been close to Manish levels in recent years with his Jets coverage. like with Manish, I can't picture anyone with the Jets feeding him information.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:27

This is interesting. I wonder if it was Woody's camp who leaked that the Marrone interview did not go well, while the Casserly/Wolf camp leaked that it did.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:28

football51 wrote:Nick, do you believe this? Francessa has been close to Manish levels in recent years with his Jets coverage. like with Manish, I can't picture anyone with the Jets feeding him information.
    That's a good point. Not sure whether to believe it or not, with Francesa's strained history with the Jets. But if it is true, the interview must have gone pretty poorly.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:33

SackExchange wrote:This is interesting. I wonder if it was Woody's camp who leaked that the Marrone interview did not go well, while the Casserly/Wolf camp leaked that it did.

I actually do believe this and I think this is where the conflicting reports are coming from. I am just glad there is another candidate I like that is close to Marrone because I have a history of not trusting Woodys' judgement.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:37

NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:This is interesting. I wonder if it was Woody's camp who leaked that the Marrone interview did not go well, while the Casserly/Wolf camp leaked that it did.

I actually do believe this and I think this is where the conflicting reports are coming from. I am just glad there is another candidate I like that is close to Marrone because I have a history of not trusting Woodys' judgement.

Well, if they're split on Marrone, its positive for my hope for Quinn. I havent heard a bad thing said about Quinn yet, really. Doubt they're split there, which is why everyone thinks he's the favorite unless they become impatient.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:43

Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

Well, if they're split on Marrone, its positive for my hope for Quinn.  I havent heard a bad thing said about Quinn yet, really.  Doubt they're split there, which is why everyone thinks he's the favorite unless they become impatient.  

I agree I think the whole interview group did give Quinn a nod but what scares me is he being forced on the new GM? As far as I know he has no ties to Maccagnan if he is the new GM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 5:20