Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+19
Old#15
Metjetgal
jamesfyo123
GratefulJet
Blindsidebrick
AFA2017
SackExchange
jetsfanshanghai
soj
hobson54
LIJETFAN
Superman55
NYJETSDAN16
McJet
lnap23
NickSINYC
cysporsche
football51
Sarge
23 posters

Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

Post by Sarge Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 23:23

My concern is that the 49ers will make a run at Bowles or Dan Quinn and the Raiders might go for the other one. I used to think the 49ers would promote from within, bit anyone with the stench of Harbaugh wil likely be gone.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

Post by cysporsche Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 11:34

If Michigan, or when Michigan lands Harbough, what kind of compensation do they owe the 49rs ? Do they have to buy out his last year of his contract ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 11:47

sarge - i've heard jim mora jr is angling to get the niners job

cy - michigan doesn't owe SF any compensation. another pro team would owe them compensation, but michigan doesn't. that said, there are reports michigan worked out an "arrangement" with SF, perhaps to give them an exclusive window to talk to jim. it may have been done out of courtesy. there may be some financial agreement between the parties (michigan, SF and harbaugh) since harbaugh is under contract with SF for next year and if they fired him, SF would owe him money. not sure the details of this arrangement will ever be made public.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 14:37

I read today that Woody will not fire RR, and will let the next GM make the decision on the HC. All's I can say about that is he is either a gutless wonder or RR has some pretty graphic photos of Woody with farm animals. And listening to the announcers today you would think RR is a great HC. I am flabbergasted. BTW - Some of the young guys and Idzik additions looking pretty good today. Smile
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 21:49

Future Jets Coach Todd Haley calling a good game tonight - lots of screens and quick passes
    HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 22:27

1st step it to hire a VP of football operations (that'd be HYATT™️, natch Basketball ), then the VP of operations can start fielding candidates for GM & HC while he hooks up a chloroform rag to Woody's oxygen mask, after locking him in a janitor's closet somewhere.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 22:42

Old#15 wrote:I read today that Woody will not fire RR, and will let the next GM make the decision on the HC.  All's I can say about that is he is either a gutless wonder or RR has some pretty graphic photos of Woody with farm animals.  And listening to the announcers today you would think RR is a great HC.  I am flabbergasted.  BTW - Some of the young guys and Idzik additions looking pretty good today.  Smile
    I actually think that may be the BEST thing he can do.

A new GM should come in with full authority to pick any HC he wants...including keeping Rex. Idzik had Rex forced upon him. His replacement shouldn't be forced to do anything. It should solely be his decision.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 22:44

hobson54 wrote:sarge - i've heard jim mora jr is angling to get the niners job

cy - michigan doesn't owe SF any compensation.  another pro team would owe them compensation, but michigan doesn't.  that said, there are reports michigan worked out an "arrangement" with SF, perhaps to give them an exclusive window to talk to jim.  it may have been done out of courtesy.  there may be some financial agreement between the parties (michigan, SF and harbaugh) since harbaugh is under contract with SF for next year and if they fired him, SF would owe him money.  not sure the details of this arrangement will ever be made public.
    I can't imagine there would be any way to enforce "compensation" between two institutions governed by different bodies. Niners are governed by the NFL, Michigan by the NCAA. Don't see how it would even be possible or enforceable to work out such a deal.
    HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 22:53

SackExchange wrote:

cy - michigan doesn't owe SF any compensation.  another pro team would owe them compensation, but michigan doesn't.  that said, there are reports michigan worked out an "arrangement" with SF, perhaps to give them an exclusive window to talk to jim.  it may have been done out of courtesy.  there may be some financial agreement between the parties (michigan, SF and harbaugh) since harbaugh is under contract with SF for next year and if they fired him, SF would owe him money.  not sure the details of this arrangement will ever be made public.
    I can't imagine there would be any way to enforce "compensation" between two institutions governed by different bodies. Niners are governed by the NFL, Michigan by the NCAA. Don't see how it would even be possible or enforceable to work out such a deal.
    You just aren't devious enough. Very Happy

SF tells Michigan which players it wants to pick up as UDFAs.
    Michigan then tanks their senior seasons and lowers their draft grade scores, telling the affected prospects that SF wants them as UDFAs.
    Prospects agree, being desirous of choosing where they get to go play NFL ball - and SF ain't a bad place to go, if you get to choose.

In return SF "donates" money to an athletes' "scholarship fund" which provides extra income for said prospects during their season at Michigan - all NCAA "legal" and everything.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 22:55

HYATT™️ wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

You just aren't devious enough.  Very Happy

SF tells Michigan which players it wants to pick up as UDFAs.
    Michigan then tanks their senior seasons and lowers their draft grade scores, telling the affected prospects that SF wants them as UDFAs.
    Prospects agree, being desirous of choosing where they get to go play NFL ball - and SF ain't a bad place to go, if you get to choose.

In return SF "donates" money to an athletes' "scholarship fund" which provides extra income for said prospects during their season at Michigan - all NCAA "legal" and everything.
    That...is...awesome.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 12:52

Atlanta and SF have requested to interview OC Adam Gase Broncos for HC position.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 13:24

Teams have to use the bye week to interview coaches on the bye week teams
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 14:01

49ers not screwing around, have extended requests to speak with Dan Quinn and Todd Bowles.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 14:02

Sirius - reporting Jets and Bears trying to convince Harbough to consider offers.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 14:08

Superman55 wrote:Sirius - reporting Jets and Bears trying to convince Harbough to consider offers.

lol...not gonna happen

he's being introduced as head coach at michigan tomorrow.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 14:58

hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Sirius - reporting Jets and Bears trying to convince Harbough to consider offers.

lol...not gonna happen

Just reporting the reports. Smile
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 15:11

Superman55 wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:

lol...not gonna happen

Just reporting the reports. Smile

that's fine.

the reports are wrong. he's not taking a pro job at this point. the only reason the niners agreed to mutually part ways (rather than try to trade him) was that harbaugh had already agreed to take the michigan job. as i've mentioned here before, michigan has worked with the niners in reaching some arrangement to ease the transition.

so nfl teams can try till their heart's content. harbaugh is reportedly on a michigan plane headed to AA as i type and is being introduce as the new head coach tomorrow.

The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 15:13

Pioli will hire Josh McDaniels Shocked
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 18:00

Falcons want to talk to Teryl Austin, Todd Bowles

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 29, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
    Todd Bowles
    AP
    Falcons owner Arthur Blank said he planned to start contacting candidates for his new coaching vacancy soon.

He’s not wasting any time.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Falcons have asked permission to talk to Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin and Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles.

Neither can interview yet, as they’re getting ready for playoff games this weekend.

But since Austin’s team won’t have Ndamukong Suh and Bowles’ team doesn’t have a quarterback of note, they might be available to interview soon.

The Falcons have also reportedly asked to talk to Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase.
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 18:02

We can hope it doesn't take as long as it took to hire Idzik. They need to be decisive and make a move. If the person they want enters the building he needs to leave with an offer he can't refuse.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 18:02

It should be noted they don't have to ask for permission to talk to Rex, so he might very well be in their plans as well
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 19:36

I'll be the 1st to say it fire 55 now that he is the GM...Shocked
    SClark74
    SClark74
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by SClark74 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 21:31

Im just praying that they dont get someone who wants to run a 4-3. That would suck after investing heavily in 3-4 guys for years.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 21:39

SClark74 wrote:Im just praying that they dont get someone who wants to run a 4-3.  That would suck after investing heavily in 3-4 guys for years.

Coples should be on the d-line. So doing the math, Coples/Richardson/Snacks/Wilkerson.

I'm going 4-3.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 21:56

You could put Richardson out there at DE too and he would be just fine. I love the versatility of that line, brick. They can line up in just about any formation, so that the OL won't know who's coming from what direction. I agree, I would like to see all those guys on the DL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024 - 1:35