A New Community for Jets Fans


    Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Share
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13368
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by Sarge on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 14:16

    Who will be the next Jets head coach?

    I want one name, no equivocation, your final answer, your official final answer guess on the Jets head coach next year.

    Prior to Casserly and Wolf rumors, I would have said Seattle OC Darrell Bevell

    Now my official guess is

    Steelers OC Todd Haley

    Who you got?
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12890
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by football51 on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 14:25

    Todd Bowles.

    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 474
    Points : 11632
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by cysporsche on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 14:54

    Brian Billick or Todd Haley....& Urban Meyer

    Go Jets...Cyborg
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13368
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by Sarge on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 15:43

    cysporsche wrote:Brian Billick or Todd Haley....& Urban Meyer

    I'm going to need one answer
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10667
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by NickSINYC on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 15:56

    I think this is following the rules. I say Todd Bowles will be the next HC although he is not my personal 1st choice.

    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 113
    Points : 3368
    Join date : 2014-09-10
    Age : 45
    Location : Las Vegas

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by lnap23 on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 16:19

    NickSINYC wrote:I think this is following the rules. I say Todd Bowles will be the next HC although he is not my personal 1st choice.

    I agree it'll be Bowles and he is my first choice... This teams core is defense. As bad as our offense has been we need Bowles and his defense.. and hopefully Bowles brings someone from Arians offensive tree..

    McJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 39
    Points : 2516
    Join date : 2014-09-07

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by McJet on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 10:14

    I agree on
    Bowles
    avatar
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 405
    Points : 11766
    Join date : 2014-09-06
    Location : Howard Beach, Queens NEW YORK....SON!

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 10:35

    I say Harbaugh. I feel as strong as Michigan will try to convince him to go to his alma mater, Woody will heed wise counsel from Casserely & Wolf to rebuild this franchise with a proven head coach that will discipline the team and make it contend.

    I honestly think Woody will press hard more than any other team to convince Jim that this franchise is setup to win NOW with $50mil under the cap and a top 4 draft pick.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19548
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by Superman55 on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 10:37

    Bowles

    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 190
    Points : 3908
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by LIJETFAN on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 11:23

    Dan Quinn
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19548
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by Superman55 on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 11:40

    lnap23 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:I think this is following the rules. I say Todd Bowles will be the next HC although he is not my personal 1st choice.

    I agree  it'll be Bowles and he is my first choice... This teams core is defense. As bad as our offense has been we need Bowles and his defense.. and hopefully Bowles brings someone from Arians offensive tree..

    If Dirk Koetter shakes out of Atlanta if Mike Smith is fired, you open up the checkbook and make him assistant head coach in two seconds. He's a guy to keep an eye on.

    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43884
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by hobson54 on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 11:50

    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:I say Harbaugh. I feel as strong as Michigan will try to convince him to go to his alma mater, Woody will heed wise counsel from Casserely & Wolf to rebuild this franchise with a proven head coach that will discipline the team and make it contend.

    I honestly think Woody will press hard more than any other team to convince Jim that this franchise is setup to win NOW with $50mil under the cap and a top 4 draft pick.

    not gonna happen. rumor is harbaugh is being announced as michigan coach on tuesday.

    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43884
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by hobson54 on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 11:52

    my guess is bowles. local guy, with some link to the jets. has done a fantastic job with arizona defense
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13368
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by Sarge on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 12:08

    You all are very smart and Bowles and Quinn are very viable candidates, but I just can't see Woody going defense again. I think Woody is going to think "£#€$ this mess, I'm going to go get an offensive mind if it kills me"

    Haley, Kubiak, Hamilton, Billick, Gase, McDaniel, Hue Jackson, Kevin Sumlin, Art Briles, Gus Malzhan, Lane Kiffin, Greg Roman, Bevell, Rob Chudzinski, Scott Linehan, Etc are the available offensive minds

    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 190
    Points : 3908
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by LIJETFAN on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 13:27

    I think it depends on what the consultants say and what the new GM's philosophy is. I would be fine with an offensive coach, and I would actually prefer a guy like Billick, or someone from the college ranks that has a more innovative approach. One guy who is never mentioned is Tom Clements from GB. He would be an interesting choice.

    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 187
    Points : 4333
    Join date : 2014-09-04
    Age : 67
    Location : Scottsdale AZ

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by soj on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 14:53

    Dan Quinn
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10667
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by NickSINYC on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 15:51

    Sarge wrote:You all are very smart and Bowles and Quinn are very viable candidates, but I just can't see Woody going defense again.  I think Woody is going to think "£#€$ this mess, I'm going to go get an offensive mind if it kills me"

    Haley, Kubiak, Hamilton, Billick, Gase, McDaniel, Hue Jackson, Kevin Sumlin, Art Briles, Gus Malzhan, Lane Kiffin, Greg Roman, Bevell, Rob Chudzinski, Scott Linehan, Etc are the available offensive minds

    I still think with the consultant situation it will be Bowles but my top 3 choice would be Haley, Hamilton and Billick listed in no special order.
    avatar
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 405
    Points : 11766
    Join date : 2014-09-06
    Location : Howard Beach, Queens NEW YORK....SON!

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 16:09

    In all honesty, I think it will still be Rex. Idzik will get the axe on Monday 100%. Woody love Rex but will defer to the new GM if he wants to keep Rex or not.
    Casserley likes Rex as he stated many times on NFL network. Woody some stated inside the organization THAT HE WAS VER DISPLEASED ON HOW IDZIK HANDLED THE '14 OFF SEASON.

    I'd love Harbaugh, but Hobson may be right on him going to Michigan. I'am though in no way discounting the fact that Rex may still be the football coach of 2015 with a GM that ACTUALLY wants him here.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19548
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by Superman55 on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 16:32

    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:In all honesty, I think it will still be Rex. Idzik will get the axe on Monday 100%.  Woody love Rex but will defer to the new GM if he wants to keep Rex or not.
    Casserley likes Rex as he stated many times on NFL network. Woody some stated inside the organization THAT HE WAS VER DISPLEASED ON HOW IDZIK HANDLED THE '14 OFF SEASON.

    I'd love Harbaugh, but Hobson may be right on him going to Michigan. I'am though in no way discounting the fact that Rex may still be the football coach of 2015 with a GM that ACTUALLY wants him here.

    You mean a GM who understands the offensive and defensive philosophies and adds players that fits them.

    I wouldn't be shocked if you're right, but it's not what I want to happen. The jets need to clean house, IMO.
    avatar
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 405
    Points : 11766
    Join date : 2014-09-06
    Location : Howard Beach, Queens NEW YORK....SON!

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 19:08

    Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:In all honesty, I think it will still be Rex. Idzik will get the axe on Monday 100%.  Woody love Rex but will defer to the new GM if he wants to keep Rex or not.
    Casserley likes Rex as he stated many times on NFL network. Woody some stated inside the organization THAT HE WAS VER DISPLEASED ON HOW IDZIK HANDLED THE '14 OFF SEASON.

    I'd love Harbaugh, but Hobson may be right on him going to Michigan. I'am though in no way discounting the fact that Rex may still be the football coach of 2015 with a GM that ACTUALLY wants him here.

    You mean a GM who understands the offensive and defensive philosophies and adds players that fits them.  

    I wouldn't be shocked if you're right, but it's not what I want to happen.  The jets need to clean house, IMO.

    I could not agree more 55. It's just a gut feeling.
    avatar
    jetsfanshanghai
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

    Posts : 20
    Points : 1633
    Join date : 2014-11-07

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by jetsfanshanghai on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 20:48

    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:In all honesty, I think it will still be Rex. Idzik will get the axe on Monday 100%.  Woody love Rex but will defer to the new GM if he wants to keep Rex or not.
    Casserley likes Rex as he stated many times on NFL network. Woody some stated inside the organization THAT HE WAS VER DISPLEASED ON HOW IDZIK HANDLED THE '14 OFF SEASON.

    I'd love Harbaugh, but Hobson may be right on him going to Michigan. I'am though in no way discounting the fact that Rex may still be the football coach of 2015 with a GM that ACTUALLY wants him here.

    You mean a GM who understands the offensive and defensive philosophies and adds players that fits them.  

    I wouldn't be shocked if you're right, but it's not what I want to happen.  The jets need to clean house, IMO.

    I could not agree more 55. It's just a gut feeling.

    It wouldn't be my choice either, but, I see where you are coming from Dan.

    As for my vote; Kevin Sumlin
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42428
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by SackExchange on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 23:37

    My guess is Haley, ESPECIALLY if Ron Wolf is brought in as a consultant. Wolf and the Haley family have ties from front offices, including the Jets' front office. Haley is a guy who has HC experience and offensive credentials.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10667
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by NickSINYC on Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 23:54

    SackExchange wrote:My guess is Haley, ESPECIALLY if Ron Wolf is brought in as a consultant. Wolf and the Haley family have ties from front offices, including the Jets' front office. Haley is a guy who has HC experience and offensive credentials.

    I hope you are correct and I am wrong about how this plays out. He is right up there near the top of my wish not expect list.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19548
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by Superman55 on Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 11:15

    NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:My guess is Haley, ESPECIALLY if Ron Wolf is brought in as a consultant. Wolf and the Haley family have ties from front offices, including the Jets' front office. Haley is a guy who has HC experience and offensive credentials.

    I hope you are correct and I am wrong about how this plays out. He is right up there near the top of my wish not expect list.

    He's a coach I'd be cautiously optimistic about if we hired but someone I'll warn you I can turn on in the drop of a hat/. He gets in fight and arguments with players everywhere he goes.  He just isn't a people person and can be viewed as disfunctional.  As an X and Os guy, he's elite, as a "to work with" guy, he's John Idzik (ie few like him).

    I can't endorse a coach many players and coaches don't Get along with, but would hope for the best.

    The steelers players won't work with him in the offseason, and Big Ben loathes him.  That scares me.


    You wants coach who publically tell his QB, "fuck you?"

    http://deadspin.com/5953535/ben-roethlisberger-criticizes-todd-haleys-offense-public-gleefully-awaits-vesuvian-level-meltdown


    AFA2017
    Navigator
    Navigator

    Posts : 31
    Points : 1089
    Join date : 2014-11-29

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by AFA2017 on Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 11:33

    Rex Ryan! Don't want him, but feel Woody will keep him and fire Idzik.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Time to go on Record: Your call on next HC

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 6:39