A New Community for Jets Fans


    Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Share

    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 190
    Points : 3847
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by LIJETFAN on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 9:53

    I think a dream team of consultants like Casserly and Wolf is the right way to go. I've been saying all along that what this team needs in the front office and on the sideslines are people with credibility, that know how to build a championship. I understand that Casserly and Wolf will only be acting in a temporary capacity. But, they can dissect this organization and really find the right people to take this organization to a championship level. If all this comes to frutiion, I think this is one of the best moves Woody has made as an owner.

    The Jets really need to start over. And Woody is reaching out to the best minds in the business to help him chart a new course for the franchise. That's an intelligent approach. It also buys him patience with the fans, which I know is a big issue on this board. If Casserly and Wolf are leading the search for a new GM, he will be given time to put his plan in place. Same goes for a new coach. Their seal of approval buys a new GM and a new coach instant credibility. And my guess is that whoever the Jets end up hiring will either have a track record of success or be viewed as a rising star. My guess is that most of the front office will be gone, and we know Rex will be fired on Monday, Being a Jet fan is never boring.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by Superman55 on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 10:29

    Isn't Wolf Jr a personnel guy for the Packers? I think HYATT hinted he may be ready to be a GM a couple years ago. Wonder if you get one you get the other...

    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43823
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by hobson54 on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 10:41

    looks like i'm not gonna get any work done the beginning of next week.

    we have black monday, with the expected firings and rex and probably idzik. which will begin the speculation game, with hopefully a new GM (if idzik is fired) being announced shortly so we can commence with a HC search.

    and we have my beloved alma mater hopefully landing the big fish, with a possible announcement coming shortly after the niners season ends (people think next tuesday could be the day).
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13307
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by Sarge on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 10:45

    No one is expected to get any work done between Christmas and the Super Bowl
    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5150
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by GratefulJet on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 10:49

    Sarge wrote:No one is expected to get any work done between Christmas and the Super Bowl

    lol!
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by Superman55 on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 11:02

    Sarge wrote:No one is expected to get any work done between Christmas and the Super Bowl

    Till the Super Bowl? Sarge, the super bowl is february, free agency in march, and they moved the draft back to April, aka Two months after the Super Bowl! I only work May to August and spend the rest of my time here. Smile
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12829
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by football51 on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 12:14

    More on Casserly reaching out to Wolf.





    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-casserly-reaches-packers-gm-wolf-article-1.2055489?cid=bitly




    Wolf Jr. was listed in the thread of gm candidates. He's 32 years old.




    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12829
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by football51 on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 13:02



    Brian Custer
    ‏@BCusterTV
    Got a call, & my source says @woodyjohnson4 will meet with Rex & Idzik Monday morning & he would be shocked if either one is retained! #Jets







    Brian Custer
    ‏@BCusterTV
    Apparently, Woody likes Rex but says he was in every personnel meeting & always agreed! Never spoke up if he didn't agree. His downfall!







    Brian Custer
    ‏@BCusterTV
    Woody really upset with Idzik's draft choices, and not giving Rex what he needed 2 be successful. Only pick he loves is @Godforshort. #Jets
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12829
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by football51 on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 13:05



    Joe Caporoso
    ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    Biggest mistake Woody has made here was forcing a HC on a GM, combined with maintaining scouting from two previous GMs. Clean that up #Jets

    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 187
    Points : 4272
    Join date : 2014-09-04
    Age : 67
    Location : Scottsdale AZ

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by soj on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 14:38

    LIJETFAN wrote:I think a dream team of consultants like Casserly and Wolf is the right way to go.  I've been saying all along that what this team needs in the front office and on the sideslines are people with credibility, that know how to build a championship.  I understand that Casserly and Wolf will only be acting in a temporary capacity.  But, they can dissect this organization and really find the right people to take this organization to a championship level.  If all this comes to frutiion, I think this is one of the best moves Woody has made as an owner.  

    The Jets really need to start over.  And Woody is reaching out to the best minds in the business to help him chart a new course for the franchise.  That's an intelligent approach.  It also buys him patience with the fans, which I know is a big issue on this board.  If Casserly and Wolf are leading the search for a new GM, he will be given time to put his plan in place.  Same goes for a new coach.  Their seal of approval buys a new GM and a new coach instant credibility.  And my guess is that whoever the Jets end up hiring will either have a track record of success or be viewed as a rising star.   My guess is that most of the front office will be gone, and we know Rex will be fired on Monday,  Being a Jet fan is never boring.  

    Best news in a few years...
    I had a similar scenario when I was younger and took over a business... I did an assessment top to bottom and make the changes that were necessary to make it a viable operation. People that were under performers left within months of my hire and within two years, the business went form being unprofitable to 8% profitability. By the time I left the business was valued at over $360m ... if I can do it so can Woody, I have faith in him because he is no dummy.

    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by Superman55 on Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 15:10

    football51 wrote:


    Brian Custer
    ‏@BCusterTV
    Woody really upset with Idzik's draft choices, and not giving Rex what he needed 2 be successful. Only pick he loves is @Godforshort. #Jets


    Cheers
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12829
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by football51 on Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 19:15

    Pay special attention to #8.... 55 Cool .











    http://turnonthejets.com/2014/12/turn-jets-12-pack-new-york-jets-change-edition/
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by Superman55 on Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 21:28

    football51 wrote:Pay special attention to #8.... 55 Cool .







    http://turnonthejets.com/2014/12/turn-jets-12-pack-new-york-jets-change-edition/

    I thought #6 was interesting...about Idzik Likely never being a GM again...probably because he's the Rich Kotite of GMs.  Prettysure I made the call on this epic failure way back when free agency began...everyone said calm down, but I was 100% correct on this epic failure way back then.

    Hard to believe we could replace Mike T with a worse GM...but we found a way to do it. I know his fan club still exists, but whether its Polian, Gil Brandt, Pat Kirwan, Casserly, or Wolf...they All seem to disagree with the fan club Idzik has on this board...weird.

    I just think it will be funny when the majority of the board in 5 years will have memory loss and say I knew Idzik always sucked. I predict Cy to be the first to say that (he always claims to have not said what he says, despite on the thread saying he predicts Idzik to be back next year, us to have an amazing draft with Idzik, and be in the playoff hunt...tomorrow he'll say I knew this would happen when Idzik is canned).

    I just don't believe your theory none of this is Idzik's fault...but we suck because Geno sucks, we didn't replace Revis and Cro, Rex's teams are undisciplined, and we can't develop young talent...

    Some of that's on Idzik.

    I just find it funny how you and blind boy always say, I'm not saying Idzik doesn't deserve some blame...but it's all Rex's fault.

    ...then I'm the one accused of talking out of both sides of my mouth...
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12829
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by football51 on Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 12:02

    55, 9 times out of 10(if not all 10), a gm gets to pick his own coach and the scouts and personnel he works with. Idzik didn't get the opportunity to do either. I never said that he didn't make mistakes. I never said all of his moves were correct. What I did say is that if you want someone to run your football operations, let them run it. Idzik's plan(culture or whatever word you want to use) could never be judged properly. You referenced five years from now......... what if Milliner, Pryor,Amaro, Richardson are part of a strong core that allows for success(something Idzik wasn't afforded because of the horrible 2008,2009,2010, and 2012 drafts before he got here)? What if we end up getting quality contributions from IK, Evans, Dozier, etc? Maybe these players develop better/properly with a new coaching staff(and could've already shown more progress if Idzik's coach was here from the start).



    You're a great poster. Don't take things so personally Cheers .






    Looks like Rex cleaned out his office already with Casserly making calls on Idzik/Rex replacements.




    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/12/charley_casserly_already_working_to_find_replacements_for_jets_rex_ryan_and_john_idzik_per_sources.html?utm_content=bufferfdc90&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13307
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by Sarge on Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 12:13

    I was surprised to learn there is a group that meets regularly to discuss coach and GM candidates. Sounds interesting. Hopefully, they didn't sign off on the Marc Trestman and Jay Gruden hires!
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12829
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by football51 on Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 12:14

    Sarge wrote:I was surprised to learn there is a group that meets regularly to discuss coach and GM candidates.  Sounds interesting.   Hopefully, they didn't sign off on the Marc Trestman and Jay Gruden hires!




    affraid


    I think this panel was put together after the draft last year.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19487
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by Superman55 on Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 12:15

    Sarge wrote:I was surprised to learn there is a group that meets regularly to discuss coach and GM candidates.  Sounds interesting.   Hopefully, they didn't sign off on the Marc Trestman and Jay Gruden hires!

    Jay Gruden was a good hire...notice RG3 benching has improved his play and started him down the path of being a student of the game.

    I would take Gruden in a heart beat. He's a hard ass a lot like Bill O'Brien...just not as good, IMO.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12829
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by football51 on Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 12:45

    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/casserly-begun-work-coaching-candidates-nfl-panel-blog-entry-1.2057949?cid=bitly
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12829
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by football51 on Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 12:58

    From Rich Cimini's espnnewyork.com chat.




    Keith Wolderich @serve1

    #jetsmail will the #Jets fire Bradway and the whole scouting team too? Didn't Idzik just revamp scouts and system?
    10:11 AM - 26 Dec 2014



    @RichCimini: Yes, Idzik changed some scouts, but not all. He also retained Terry Bradway, whose title is senior director of college scouting. Bradway has been around since 2001, first as the general manager and subsequently as a "super" scout. Bradway was instrumental in the scouting of Darrelle Revis, but that was 2007. This is hard to believe, but Revis is the last player drafted by the Jets to make the Pro Bowl -- a terrible drought. It's time for fresh blood in the scouting department. Here's what usually happens in situations like this: The new GM will keep the scouting staff together through the draft, simply because the scouts have invested several months in prep. Once the draft is over, the new GM will blow it up and hire his own people. I see that happening with the Jets.


    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5150
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by GratefulJet on Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 13:47

    football51 wrote:From Rich Cimini's espnnewyork.com chat.

    @RichCimini: Here's what usually happens in situations like this: The new GM will keep the scouting staff together through the draft, simply because the scouts have invested several months in prep. Once the draft is over, the new GM will blow it up and hire his own people. I see that happening with the Jets.


    That just seems so awkward and potentially dysfunctional. Considering they can't seem to put together a solid draft under stable circumstances, I have a hard time seeing them nail one when everyone in the room is thinking about their next job.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42367
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by SackExchange on Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 13:49

    How many former Jets GMs land on their feet? Bradway never landed another GM job, whether he wanted one or not. Tannenbaum hasn't landed another GM job. OK, Parcells, as he served in that role with the Jets. But he had the Giants press backing.

    For the most part, whatever part of a Jets GM's reputation isn't destroyed by the fans, the press finish off.
    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5150
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by GratefulJet on Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 14:16

    SackExchange wrote:How many former Jets GMs land on their feet? Bradway never landed another GM job, whether he wanted one or not. Tannenbaum hasn't landed another GM job. OK, Parcells, as he served in that role with the Jets. But he had the Giants press backing.

    For the most part, whatever part of a Jets GM's reputation isn't destroyed by the fans, the press finish off.

    Blaming the fans and press for the fact they haven't gotten GM jobs elsewhere is pretty weak logically, even if it scratches an itch for you. Neither Bradway nor Tannenbaum demonstrated in their respective capacity as Jets GM that they were worthy of that role elsewhere. They weren't fired for doing fantastic jobs of building this team. So why would anyone else hire them? I think you're overplaying this negative obsession with the press and fan base. If these guys were really good at being GM, someone would have picked them up.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12829
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by football51 on Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 15:03

    Sounds like Wolf will be in too once "called upon".






    http://touch.metro.us/new-york/ron-wolf-talks-jets-possible-role-in-coaching-and-gm-search/zsJnlz---RcFfeTus5Vyg/

    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

    Posts : 401
    Points : 2858
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by Blindsidebrick on Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 21:16

    Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Pay special attention to #8.... 55 Cool .







    http://turnonthejets.com/2014/12/turn-jets-12-pack-new-york-jets-change-edition/

    I thought #6 was interesting...about Idzik Likely never being a GM again...probably because he's the Rich Kotite of GMs.  Prettysure I made the call on this epic failure way back when free agency began...everyone said calm down, but I was 100% correct on this epic failure way back then.

    Hard to believe we could replace Mike T with a worse GM...but we found a way to do it. I know his fan club still exists, but whether its Polian, Gil Brandt, Pat Kirwan, Casserly, or Wolf...they All seem to disagree with the fan club Idzik has on this board...weird.

    I just think it will be funny when the majority of the board in 5 years will have memory loss and say I knew Idzik always sucked.  I predict Cy to be the first to say that (he always claims to have not said what he says, despite on the thread saying he predicts Idzik to be back next year, us to have an amazing draft with Idzik, and be in the playoff hunt...tomorrow he'll say I knew this would happen when Idzik is canned).

    I just don't believe your theory none of this is Idzik's fault...but we suck because Geno sucks, we didn't replace Revis and Cro, Rex's teams are undisciplined, and we can't develop young talent...

    Some of that's on Idzik.

    I just find it funny how you and blind boy always say, I'm not saying Idzik doesn't deserve some blame...but it's all Rex's fault.

    ...then I'm the one accused of talking out of both sides of my mouth...

    Hey 55, why don't we try this...

    You post your vitriol for our GM without referring to me as "blind boy".

    Just a thought. In the spirit of the Holiday Season.

    Fantastic job patting yourself on the back though. Only YOU could've known that Idzik would be a failure.

    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 206
    Points : 12261
    Join date : 2014-09-10

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by Metjetgal on Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 22:52

    Get these scouts out as well. I'll miss Rex, and I'm sad to see him go, but it's time. These last few seasons have been brutal, and this yr was off the chart.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Charlie Casserly coming in?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 3:56