Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+11
hobson54
danfran
Metjetgal
football51
NickSINYC
Pointdexter
Blindsidebrick
The Wicker Man
Superman55
Sarge
NYJETSDAN16
15 posters

Jets At Tennessee

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Jets At Tennessee - Page 3 Empty Re: Jets At Tennessee

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 20:21

The Wicker Man wrote:We all wanted a higher draft pick, so, I understand the frustration. Sometimes, we need to let our fellow Jet
    brothers vent.

Much obliged brother Cheers
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 20:22

Let's go Mark Sanchez tonight. Atleast he's one ex-Jet that is having a blast this season. God bless him.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 20:41

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:I have been following the team since the 60's good to know Rex does not think I am a real Jet fan

I am living in Reno now the locaL games are the Raiders and the 49's anyone have a suggestion on which I should start following?  J-E-T-S

I heard that Isht too.  I'm really glad the Rex era is over.  It's worn out.  Especially not having disciplined teams over the years.

I watch most of the games now off the crappy fight club feeds rather than whatever game is being shown on TV here but I guess Rex is right I am an awful fan
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 0:02

NickSINYC wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:I have been following the team since the 60's good to know Rex does not think I am a real Jet fan

I am living in Reno now the locaL games are the Raiders and the 49's anyone have a suggestion on which I should start following?  J-E-T-S

I heard that Isht too.  I'm really glad the Rex era is over.  It's worn out.  Especially not having disciplined teams over the years.

I watch most of the games now off the crappy fight club feeds rather than whatever game is being shown on TV here but I guess Rex is right I am an awful fan

I am with you. I live in DC and watch the games off the same links with those damn popups that appear every one in a while. So annoying but better than not seeing the game at all. Cheers
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 0:49

Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

I am with you.  I live in DC and watch the games off the same links with those damn popups that appear every one in a while. So annoying but better than not seeing the game at all. Cheers

AdBlocker will take care of that problem for you very nicely, plus it generally gets rid of annoying ads. Strongly recommend it.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 9:45

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Here Hobs, Just incase you want to set the precedent on actually telling a player off or a coach & the GM. because i've known for a fact that at some points watching the Jets, it has ticked you off seeing them play and you wrote about it on message boards.

Here's Jets contact page.  Feel free my dude.
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/footer/contact-us.html
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

yes, i'm sure their play has ticked me off. however, i wasn't the one saying the players should go F themselves for WINNING. big difference being critical of bad play, or bad coaching, or bad front office moves, and telling players to F off for working hard to get a win.

now i'll write it off to venting over losing draft position. i understand that, even though i can never outwardly root for them to lose a game.

btw - i'm not sure if the stat that showed we would have had the #2 pick if we lost would have held up through the end of the year. we play NE next week, and assuming we lose that, our strength of schedule will take a hit by having that 12-3 (perhaps 13-3) team on our schedule 2x. so while we may have moved to the #2 spot after this week, we may have fallen in the final SoS calculations.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 10:51

hobson54 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Here Hobs, Just incase you want to set the precedent on actually telling a player off or a coach & the GM. because i've known for a fact that at some points watching the Jets, it has ticked you off seeing them play and you wrote about it on message boards.

Here's Jets contact page.  Feel free my dude.
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/footer/contact-us.html
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

yes, i'm sure their play has ticked me off.  however, i wasn't the one saying the players should go F themselves for WINNING.  big difference being critical of bad play, or bad coaching, or bad front office moves, and telling players to F off for working hard to get a win.

now i'll write it off to venting over losing draft position.  i understand that, even though i can never outwardly root for them to lose a game.

btw - i'm not sure if the stat that showed we would have had the #2 pick if we lost would have held up through the end of the year.  we play NE next week, and assuming we lose that, our strength of schedule will take a hit by having that 12-3 (perhaps 13-3) team on our schedule 2x.  so while we may have moved to the #2 spot after this week, we may have fallen in the final SoS calculations.

This win was fairly predictable. I'm not sure why there is such a huge debate.

Titans rest banged up players like Oher, Lewan, and Mettenberger...Rex rushes banged up player like Harvin back into the line-up when it was obvious he didn't deserve to be active and needed more time to rest.

Rex is throwing the kitchen sink at teams, even when it doesn't benefit the team or player...the Titans are being cautious and smart pulling into the end of the season (why risk further injury to next year's starting OTs).

Why isn't Wilkerson on IR? Dumb.

Again, predictable Jets/Rex fashion or being too dumb for your own good.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 11:02

On a more positive note, it was good to see IK get snaps and production (2 PDs and a sack that was called back in only 12 snaps). I'd much rather see IK playing over Pace and Babin, and even Reilly getting some more time. Pryor was apparently ok as well, although there were no impact plays. Coples can be a real problem for other teams when utilized at his preferred position (DL). I'm glad that we are starting to see some progress from draftees, even guys that went elsewhere (George & Dixon). Goes to show that #1, patience is required for most young guys and #2 that it is an inexact science (aka crapshoot).
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 12:37

Old#15 wrote:On a more positive note, it was good to see IK get snaps and production (2 PDs and a sack that was called back in only 12 snaps).  I'd much rather see IK playing over Pace and Babin, and even Reilly getting some more time.  Pryor was apparently ok as well, although there were no impact plays.  Coples can be a real problem for other teams when utilized at his preferred position (DL).  I'm glad that we are starting to see some progress from draftees, even guys that went elsewhere (George & Dixon).  Goes to show that #1, patience is required for most young guys and #2 that it is an inexact science (aka crapshoot).
    Well said, Grote, IK looked hungry(as did Coples) and hopefully we have something special there. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I really think Pryor will be a stud!
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 18:02

Coples is a DE, not OLB Rex. He looked dangerous against the Titans.

I would love it if IK who looked very fast & Trevor Reilly become stud OLB's & Enunwa & Shaq Evans become good WR's & Dozier becomes our new RG, with Pryor becoming a good SS & Amaro becoming one of the better TE's and Milliner and McDougle come back as studs. That would help silence the Idzik haters. My point is, it's too early to evaluate our draft.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 18:05

cysporsche wrote:Coples is a DE, not OLB Rex. He looked dangerous against the Titans.

I would love it if IK who looked very fast & Trevor Reilly become stud OLB's & Enunwa & Shaq Evans become good WR's & Dozier becomes our new RG, with Pryor becoming a good SS & Amaro becoming one of the better TE's and Milliner and McDougle come back as studs. That would help silence the Idzik haters. My point is, it's too early to evaluate our draft.

Go Jets...Cyborg

+1 - That's where I am.
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 18:32

Old#15 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:Coples is a DE, not OLB Rex. He looked dangerous against the Titans.

Go Jets...Cyborg

+1 - That's where I am.  

Reilly is a rotation guy... IK looks like he could be a find... I have a lot of faith in Shaq Evans... but with that said.. I want Cooper or DaVante Parker in the first this year
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 23:02

The Wicker Man wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:On a more positive note, it was good to see IK get snaps and production (2 PDs and a sack that was called back in only 12 snaps).  I'd much rather see IK playing over Pace and Babin, and even Reilly getting some more time.  Pryor was apparently ok as well, although there were no impact plays.  Coples can be a real problem for other teams when utilized at his preferred position (DL).  I'm glad that we are starting to see some progress from draftees, even guys that went elsewhere (George & Dixon).  Goes to show that #1, patience is required for most young guys and #2 that it is an inexact science (aka crapshoot).
    Well said, Grote, IK looked hungry(as did Coples) and hopefully we have something special there. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I really think Pryor will be a stud!

I love watching IK play. Even when he does nothing, he's exploding every play. He just looks like a guy you'd hate to go against as an olineman. Its a knockdown drag out fight every play he's on the field. He really does explode off the ball into the olineman.

I think he can be special. Dude is a tasmanian devil out there. Doing stuff like this to New England Patriots! Very Happy

Jets At Tennessee - Page 3 Clip-art-tasmanian-devil-021605

Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 5:50

Superman55 wrote:
    The Wicker Man wrote:

I love watching IK play.  Even when he does nothing, he's exploding every play.  He just looks like a guy you'd hate to go against as an olineman. Its a knockdown drag out fight every play he's on the field.  He really does explode off the ball into the olineman.  

I think he can be special.  Dude is a tasmanian devil out there.  Doing stuff like this to New England Patriots! Very Happy

Jets At Tennessee - Page 3 Clip-art-tasmanian-devil-021605

Love the Taz reference, and hoping the shredded bow is from Tommy Boys head.

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 15:22

So, Casey started the fight by punching Geno in the face, and he gets the same fine as Colon for sticking up for his teammate. Seems fair Rolling Eyes .

Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 3m 3 minutes ago
    Titans DE Jurrell Casey fined $8,268 for brawl with Jets. Jets G Willie Colon also fined $8,268. #nyj

Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 3m 3 minutes ago
    Casey's fine was for striking opponent after play was over. Colon's for grabbing an opponent's face mask after play was over. #nyj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 12:51