Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+16
Sarge
NickSINYC
NCgreen12
jamesfyo123
Blindsidebrick
SackExchange
Seaver
hobson54
Superman55
McJet
soj
GratefulJet
NYJETSDAN16
LIJETFAN
cysporsche
football51
20 posters

List of GM candidates

LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

List of GM candidates - Page 3 Empty Re: List of GM candidates

Post by LIJETFAN Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 14:43

I think the pool of candidates generally is fairly strong for the GM search. Even though Paton declined, I think it is a good pool. I would not expect Graves to get the job. If he was so well respected and already in-house, why would they bother with a search. But outside of Graves, the candidates look pretty strong across the Board. The coaching search to me has only 3 viable candidates so far, Bowles, Quinn and Reich. The rest of the candidates mentioned so far, pass on all of them.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 14:44

I was just thinking if we go the Tom Gamble route that may solve 2 problems. He might have an inside track on getting us Nick Foles. If I had my way back when we would have drafted him and I still like him just as much now. In the right offense he can take us a long way.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 14:45

Joe Caporoso
    ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    Little background on Rick Mueller, #Jets GM candidate. Nice spread of experience.

List of GM candidates - Page 3 B6M3GMKCQAAl3md
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 14:57

Whomever the Jets hire, he will be derided as a bean counter by some Jets fans.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 16:00

The next GM and HC already have the electric chairs warming up in the execution chamber.

And all the "Fire Idzik" towel wavers are sleeping outside the building in their tents in 20 degree temperature waiting for tickets.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 16:39

More on Gamble. It seems like there could be issues between Roseman and Chip Kelly.

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/&id=287229961
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 16:45

I will give Chip Kelly an awful lot of credit. His system brings out the best in QBs.

Maybe landing Gamble could lead to a reuniting...
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 9:44

I'd love for the Jets to replace Bradway with Gamble. That in itself would be an upgrade if the Jets can land him as a GM.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 12:39

Howie Roseman is a life long Jets fan, but is also what Jets fans would call a "bean counter". I think my guess yesterday was correct. There may be trouble between Roseman and Kelly. Also shows that Woody isn't going after a "bean counter" this time Very Happy .

Manish Mehta
    ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    The Howie Roseman camp talked to Jets consultants/officials about the GM job, per @Jeff_McLane... #NYJ not interested. #nyj

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 13:26

Notice when he reported this and connect the Casserly dots.

Michael SilverVerified account
    ‏@MikeSilver
    As I said on @nflnetwork Sunday & Monday, I consider Texans college scouting director Mike Maccagnan to be frontrunner for Jets GM job..

‏@MikeSilver
    I believe Maccagnan would remain Jets GM frontrunner even if Doug Marrone were to be hired first (which I expect he would be...)

‏@MikeSilver
    Put it this way: If you're one of the many head coaches the Jets reportedly 'plan to interview,' you might wanna wait to press that shirt...

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 13:54

I wonder if Maccagnan can bring Brian Gaine with him from the Texans? gaine was with the Jets as a scout the same time Marrone was o-line coach.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 17:27

Albert BreerVerified account
    ‏@AlbertBreer
    Both Ravens ass't GM Eric DeCosta and Vikings ass't GM George Paton have told teams they are staying put. So 2 off the market, for now.

Kimberley A. MartinVerified account
    ‏@KMart_LI
    File this under not-surprising news: Ravens asst GM Eric DeCosta is staying in Baltimore, so no interview w/ #Jets, per @AlbertBreer #nfl

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 18:25

I am not impressed by DeCosta's decision-making here. It seems he is willing to accept an awful lot of promises in Baltimore that have yet to be delivered.
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 23:00

The Jets interviewed Browns Executive Chief of Staff Bill Kuharich today.

From his wiki:

In the mid-1980s, Kuharich was Assistant General Manager/Director of Player Personnel for the Philadelphia/Baltimore Stars of the United States Football League. The team won the USFL championship two out of the three years the league existed.
    Kuharich worked in multiple capacities for the New Orleans Saints, from 1986 to 1999, as: Director of Player Personnel (1986–1993); Vice President of Football Operations (1994–1995); Executive Vice President/General Manager (1996); and, President/General Manager/Chief Operating Officer (1997–1999). During his tenure, the team acquired (eventual) Pro Bowl-grade players such as Willie Roaf, Sammy Knight, and La'Roi Glover.
    As the Kansas City Chiefs' Pro Personnel Director (2000-2005), Kuharich helped orchestrate the acquisitions of Priest Holmes, Eddie Kennison, Trent Green and (eventual NFL Hall of Famer), Willie Roaf. Kuharich was promoted to Vice-President of Player Personnel in 2006; between 2006 and 2008, they acquired standouts like Tamba Hali; Dwayne Bowe; Brandon Flowers; Jamaal Charles, and Brandon Carr. Kuharich was released by the Chiefs on April 29, 2009.
    On February 11, 2014, Kuharich was hired by the Cleveland Browns to advise first-time General Manager Ray Farmer on player-personnel. Farmer had worked under Kuharich when both were with the Chiefs.
    On May 20, 2014, Kuharich was named Executive Chief of staff by the Cleveland Browns. Kuharich plays a pivotal role in the organization's personnel's moves, including the college and pro scouting departments, serving as a key cog in all facets of the Brown' process of evaluating and acquiring talent.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 1:54

I like all the names in this GM search - you never know, of course, but any of the, seems like an instant upgrade
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 9:52

SackExchange wrote:I am not impressed by DeCosta's decision-making here. It seems he is willing to accept an awful lot of promises in Baltimore that have yet to be delivered.
    Sack - I read he has a ton of family ties in Baltimore as well as already making GM money. Maybe he does have his priorities straight.

Us speculating on a GM that will work out is like throwing darts blindfolded. Not sure anyone here can predict which assistant GM has the eye for talent and then the savvy to take on being the man. Just have to rely on guys (Wolf and Casserly) to know their peers and make the best decision. I just want a guy that believes the game is still won in the trenches and builds our O-line to be the best in the NFL.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 12:43

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 13:57

The Jets ARE doing this the right way despite the NY Daily News' best efforts to say otherwise.

Ian RapoportVerified account
    ‏@RapSheet
    For GM, #Jets have interviewed Rod Graves, Trent Kirchner & Bill Kuharich. Rick Mueller is Sunday, Mike Maccagnan is Monday. That’s the list

Ian RapoportVerified account
    ‏@RapSheet
    #Jets plan to hire a GM first if possible, then coach so everyone is on the same page. GM candidates have been asked for head coach names

‏@AlbertBreer
    While they're not married to the idea, the Jets have been planning to hire the GM first, and then add him to the coach search process.

‏@AlbertBreer
    For Jets and Bears, even with idea of hiring GM first ... Makes sense to talk to Gase and Quinn now. May not be available again for a while.

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 18:07

Brian Costello
    ‏@BrianCoz
    Rick Mueller (Eagles) scheduled to interview with Jets on Sunday for GM job. Mike Maccagnan (Texans) on Monday. #nyj
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 20:24

Add a couple more

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 41s 41 seconds ago
    Jets have requested permission for GM interviews with Chiefs DPP Chris Ballard and Dolphins director of college scouting Chris Grier.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 20:24

Interesting............

Adam SchefterVerified account
    ‏@AdamSchefter
    Jets have requested permission for GM interviews with Chiefs DPP Chris Ballard and Dolphins director of college scouting Chris Grier.

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 20:28

I was hoping the GM hunt would end soon. Looks like it might drag on a little longer than I wanted. Lets just hope its worth the wait.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 20:35

Chris Grier

Chris GrierDirector of College Scouting

College:MassachusettsNFL:19th SeasonTeam:14th Season

Chris Grier begins his 14th season with the Dolphins and his fourth as the team's Director of College Scouting. He served as an area scout with the club from 2000-02 before being promoted to National Scout/Assistant Director of College Scouting in 2003. He joined the club after spending the previous five years in the personnel department with the New England Patriots.

Grier started with the Patriots as an intern in 1994. He joined the club on a full-time basis the following year, and served as a regional scout until joining the Dolphins in 2000.

Grier is a 1994 graduate of the University of Massachusetts-Amherst where he played football for two years before injuries ended his career. He spent his final two years there as an undergraduate assistant.

Grier is the son of Bobby Grier, the former Vice President-Player Personnel with the New England Patriots who currently is the Associate Pro Personnel Director with the Houston Texans. Chris' brother, Michael, played for the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, Washington Capitals, San Jose Sharks and Buffalo Sabers of the NHL.

A native of Holliston, Mass., Grier resides in Weston, Fla. with his wife, Paige, and their two sons, Landon and Jackson.

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 20:44

Sarge wrote:Chris Grier

Chris GrierDirector of College Scouting

College:MassachusettsNFL:19th SeasonTeam:14th Season

Chris Grier begins his 14th season with the Dolphins and his fourth as the team's Director of College Scouting. He served as an area scout with the club from 2000-02 before being promoted to National Scout/Assistant Director of College Scouting in 2003. He joined the club after spending the previous five years in the personnel department with the New England Patriots.

Grier started with the Patriots as an intern in 1994. He joined the club on a full-time basis the following year, and served as a regional scout until joining the Dolphins in 2000.

Grier is a 1994 graduate of the University of Massachusetts-Amherst where he played football for two years before injuries ended his career. He spent his final two years there as an undergraduate assistant.

Grier is the son of Bobby Grier, the former Vice President-Player Personnel with the New England Patriots who currently is the Associate Pro Personnel Director with the Houston Texans. Chris' brother, Michael, played for the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, Washington Capitals, San Jose Sharks and Buffalo Sabers of the NHL.

A native of Holliston, Mass., Grier resides in Weston, Fla. with his wife, Paige, and their two sons, Landon and Jackson.

Looks like there is a Casserly connection through his father in Houston.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 21:03

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 6:34