A New Community for Jets Fans


    List of GM candidates

    Share
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13250
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by Sarge on Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 22:21

    Should I buy FireMaccagnan.com
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42310
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by SackExchange on Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 22:24

    Sarge wrote:Should I buy FireMaccagnan.com
    I would imagine it has already been scooped up by this fan base.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10549
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by NickSINYC on Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 22:26

    SackExchange wrote:
    Sarge wrote:Should I buy FireMaccagnan.com
    I would imagine it has already been scooped up by this fan base.

    fire.com for the complete list of GM candidates are gone already just in case lol!
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10549
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by NickSINYC on Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 22:48

    Seems like the refs are calling the game much tighter against the Panthers than the Seahawks.


    But maybe that's just my Jets paranoia coming out


    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10549
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by NickSINYC on Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 22:55

    2 TDs up now Panthers can't come back against this D. Looks like the wait continues to see if Quinn is actually the guy.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10549
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by NickSINYC on Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 22:57

    just realized I been posting in the wrong thread Cheers rotflmao
    avatar
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 446
    Points : 6964
    Join date : 2014-09-09
    Age : 52

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by The Wicker Man on Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 23:01

    NickSINYC wrote:just realized I been posting in the wrong thread Cheers  rotflmao

    I'll have what he's having!!!!! tongue
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12772
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by football51 on Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 16:59

    NickSINYC wrote:They have to be hammering out some contact details. I can't see money being an issue this long so maybe its responsibilities who gets to choose a HC and how the pecking order will be structured

    Brian Costello @BrianCoz  ·  23s 23 seconds ago
    Mike Maccagnan is staying in New Jersey again tonight. Slated to meet with Jets again on Sunday. Day 3. #nyj





    I read somewhere that the Jets took him out house hunting today.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42310
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by SackExchange on Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 17:08

    football51 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:They have to be hammering out some contact details. I can't see money being an issue this long so maybe its responsibilities who gets to choose a HC and how the pecking order will be structured

    Brian Costello @BrianCoz  ·  23s 23 seconds ago
    Mike Maccagnan is staying in New Jersey again tonight. Slated to meet with Jets again on Sunday. Day 3. #nyj





    I read somewhere that the Jets took him out house hunting today.
    There is no rush, with Quinn having at least one more week on Seattle's payroll.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12772
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by football51 on Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 17:16

    More on Macc.






    http://www.metro.us/new-york/source-jets-expected-to-finalize-deal-to-hire-mike-maccagnan-as-gm/zsJoak---V5SrB2SuiQdbk/
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42310
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by SackExchange on Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 19:38

    Sounds more and more like it's official.

    " Dan Leberfeld @jetswhispers
    “I’m excited for Mike’s opportunity. I’ve said for years how good Mike has been for this organization." HOU GM Rick Smith on Mike Maccagnan."

    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43766
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by hobson54 on Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 20:12

    SackExchange wrote:Sounds more and more like it's official.

    " Dan Leberfeld  @jetswhispers
    “I’m excited for Mike’s opportunity. I’ve said for years how good Mike has been for this organization." HOU GM Rick Smith on Mike Maccagnan."

    assume that they've been waiting for the games to end this weekend to make an official announcement. probably tomorrow it will be made official
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10549
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by NickSINYC on Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 20:28

    hobson54 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:Sounds more and more like it's official.

    " Dan Leberfeld  @jetswhispers
    “I’m excited for Mike’s opportunity. I’ve said for years how good Mike has been for this organization." HOU GM Rick Smith on Mike Maccagnan."

    assume that they've been waiting for the games to end this weekend to make an official announcement.  probably tomorrow it will be made official

    I think we would have heard about a press conference already if they were going to make it official tomorrow.

    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 190
    Points : 3790
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by LIJETFAN on Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 23:05

    I'm sure this will be announced tomorrow. Now, we have to keep our fingers crossed that the Jets can get Quinn. He's the guy I wanted all along from this pool of candidates. I really hope they get him.
    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5093
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by GratefulJet on Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 23:51

    Source: Jets expected to announce Maccagnan as new GM Monday (Newsday)


    The Jets are expected to name Mike Maccagnan their new general manager. Though a contract has not yet been signed, a source familiar with the Jets' situation anticipates the contract being completed sometime Monday.

    A deal appeared imminent after Maccagnan was called back for a second interview on Friday, four days after he first met with owner Woody Johnson, president Neil Glat and consultants Charley Casserly and Ron Wolf. Maccagnan, according to a source, stayed overnight in New Jersey on Saturday and met with the Jets again yesterday.

    With their new GM practically in place, Johnson can turn his attention to hiring a coach. A source close to the Jets' situation told Newsday last week that Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles are the top two candidates for the job.

    According to another source, Quinn privately has expressed his desire to get the job, and the feeling appears to be mutual. A source said Sunday that "Woody likes him a lot."
    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5093
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by GratefulJet on Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 0:45

    Every local paper is reporting the Maccagnan deal as virtually done, and since no one in JetsLand is denying it, I think we can all exhale now with respect to the identity of our new GM.

    Welcome Mike Maccagnan, and best of luck with task #1: securing your new head coach.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10549
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by NickSINYC on Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 17:40

    NickSINYC wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:Sounds more and more like it's official.

    " Dan Leberfeld  @jetswhispers
    “I’m excited for Mike’s opportunity. I’ve said for years how good Mike has been for this organization." HOU GM Rick Smith on Mike Maccagnan."

    assume that they've been waiting for the games to end this weekend to make an official announcement.  probably tomorrow it will be made official

    I think we would have heard about a press conference already if they were going to make it official tomorrow.

    Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI · 5m 5 minutes ago
    Casserly told Kay he was not interested in being the #Jets GM himself. ..Also gave a no comment when asked whether their GM hire is imminent

    Kimberley A. MartinVerified account
    ‏@KMart_LI
    Casserly isn't touching ANY #Jets-related questions with Kay + LeGreca. ...Won't even describe kinda guy Maccagnan is
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10549
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by NickSINYC on Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 18:37

    Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 14m 14 minutes ago
    No announcement yet, but I'm told things are still on track with Mike Maccagnan and the Jets. The wait continues. #nyj
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12772
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by football51 on Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:40



    Albert BreerVerified account
    ‏@AlbertBreer
    Agent Bob LaMonte is in New Jersey now to finalize the deal to make Mike Maccagnan the new Jets GM. Formal announcement not far off.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42310
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by SackExchange on Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:41

    football51 wrote:

    Albert BreerVerified account
    ‏@AlbertBreer
    Agent Bob LaMonte is in New Jersey now to finalize the deal to make Mike Maccagnan the new Jets GM. Formal announcement not far off.
    Ink on paper, then announce. Let's go!
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10549
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by NickSINYC on Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 15:00

    football51 wrote:

    Albert BreerVerified account
    ‏@AlbertBreer
    Agent Bob LaMonte is in New Jersey now to finalize the deal to make Mike Maccagnan the new Jets GM. Formal announcement not far off.

    The words I always like to hear are press conference scheduled for. Then I take a deep breath.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12772
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by football51 on Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 15:32

    If Bowles is the guy, Rod Graves(instead of Mark Dominik) could be kept as the contract negotiator/cap guy. I think he had an overlap in Arizona with Bowles.






    http://turnonthejets.com/2015/01/new-york-jets-gm-mike-maccagnan-draft-history-deep-dive/

    Sponsored content

    Re: List of GM candidates

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat 24 Jun 2017 - 1:08