Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+16
Sarge
NickSINYC
NCgreen12
jamesfyo123
Blindsidebrick
SackExchange
Seaver
hobson54
Superman55
McJet
soj
GratefulJet
NYJETSDAN16
LIJETFAN
cysporsche
football51
20 posters

List of GM candidates

hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

List of GM candidates - Page 9 Empty Re: List of GM candidates

Post by hobson54 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 12:38

AFA2017 wrote:We will see. My point being, the Jets during the draft are well known as not to pick the top player on everyone's board after the 1st Rd. For some unknown reason we always chose the unexpected draftee that has everyone scratching the heads. I don't want another GM like that. I also was not pointing in Maccagnan's direction. I understand what you all are saying. Just wanted to get my point across

when you say the top player on everyone's board, what you really mean is the top player on kiper or mcshay or some other talking head's board. once you get past the top players in the draft, i'm sure differences greatly vary on prospects. i'm sure if you go through every single team's draft, you can find picks of players no one else (of the so-called experts) rated that high.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 12:56

hobson54 wrote:
    AFA2017 wrote:We will see. My point being, the Jets during the draft are well known as not to pick the top player on everyone's board after the 1st Rd. For some unknown reason we always chose the unexpected draftee that has everyone scratching the heads. I don't want another GM like that. I also was not pointing in Maccagnan's direction. I understand what you all are saying. Just wanted to get my point across

when you say the top player on everyone's board, what you really mean is the top player on kiper or mcshay or some other talking head's board.  once you get past the top players in the draft, i'm sure differences greatly vary on prospects.  i'm sure if you go through every single team's draft, you can find picks of players no one else (of the so-called experts) rated that high.
    This.

The board fans talk about is the board of the "pundits." That may not, and usually isn't, the same as the board the teams have. Nor should teams let the media dictate their draft.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 13:06

A mixed bag of tweets not all GM related I put here together to make a point

Manish Mehta retweeted
    NY Daily News Sports @NYDNSports · 13h 13 hours ago
    Seahawks say defensive coordinator Dan Quinn would be mighty as Jets coach | http://nydn.us/1xNv2xa

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 4h 4 hours ago
    Jets need an innovative & creative offensive mind to help groom/develop a young QB. Perfect playcaller for #NYJ: Kyle Shanahan.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 10m 10 minutes ago
    GM candidate Mike Maccagnan will be having dinner tonight w/ Woody Johnson to get better sense of how they interact/could work together #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 10m 10 minutes ago
    Meanwhile, Jets are reaching out to possible negotiators/experienced football execs to perhaps work with new GM, I'm told. #nyj

2 positive possible Jet hire tweets followed by 2 tweets that actually make sense due to Maccagnans' skill set. Is Manish on drugs or Daily News probation

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 13:26

NickSINYC wrote:A mixed bag of tweets not all GM related I put here together to make a point

Manish Mehta retweeted
    NY Daily News Sports @NYDNSports  ·  13h 13 hours ago
    Seahawks say defensive coordinator Dan Quinn would be mighty as Jets coach | http://nydn.us/1xNv2xa

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN  ·  4h 4 hours ago
    Jets need an innovative & creative offensive mind to help groom/develop a young QB. Perfect playcaller for #NYJ: Kyle Shanahan.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN  ·  10m 10 minutes ago
    GM candidate Mike Maccagnan will be having dinner tonight w/ Woody Johnson to get better sense of how they interact/could work together #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN  ·  10m 10 minutes ago
    Meanwhile, Jets are reaching out to possible negotiators/experienced football execs to perhaps work with new GM, I'm told. #nyj

2 positive possible Jet hire tweets followed by 2 tweets that actually make sense due to Maccagnans' skill set. Is Manish on drugs or Daily News probation

He's going to have a post soon that someone hacked into his account.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 17:59

Adam ScheinVerified account
    ‏@AdamSchein
    I think Mike Maccagnan would be a really strong choice for the Jets GM job. Very well respected. Good eye for draft picks. @SNYtv
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 18:37

I wonder if Maccagnan is as joined at the hip with Marrone as he has been portrayed to be?
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 7:20

NYPost_Cannizzaro @MarkCannizzaro

#Jets owner @woodyjohnson4 met into the night over dinner w GM candidate Mike Maccagnan. No offer yet, but they are meeting again Saturday

Sounds like they are closing in on a deal. Great news if true. Looks like we will have a GM in place before they hire the HC after all.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 8:03

GratefulJet wrote:I wonder if Maccagnan is as joined at the hip with Marrone as he has been portrayed to be?

if we do or do not have a second interview with Marrone will say a lot about that report, IMO.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 8:34

Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer

Source tells me that interview with Mike Maccagnan on Friday was "a home run." Clear comfort level with Woody.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 9:10

Rich Cimini @RichCimini

GM candidate Mike Maccagnan had dinner last night w/ Woody Johnson and small group of team officials. Still in NJ as we wait. #nyj

---------

Sounds like they're hammering out the details of a contract.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 10:27

GratefulJet wrote:I wonder if Maccagnan is as joined at the hip with Marrone as he has been portrayed to be?

I do not thnk so here is why latest rumors, etc. are that Quinn is the guy so I say hooray if true... lets see what happens.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 12:02

Has any one read this article from this past years training camp from Seattle. It was featured on Sports Illustrated. After reading this, i want DAN QUINN AS THE HEAD COACH OF OUR NYJ!!

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/06/dan-quinn-seattle-seahawks/
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 12:14

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Has any one read this article from this past years training camp from Seattle.  It was featured on Sports Illustrated.  After reading this, i want DAN QUINN AS THE HEAD COACH OF OUR NYJ!!

There's a guy who has been MIA all week. Welcome back, Dan. I think the majority of the board feels how you do. I've seen several posters this week that were high on Marrone jump to the Quinn side this week too.

I do think he was the top candidate from the beginning and I'm excited it remained that way through The interview process.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 12:21

Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Has any one read this article from this past years training camp from Seattle.  It was featured on Sports Illustrated.  After reading this, i want DAN QUINN AS THE HEAD COACH OF OUR NYJ!!

There's a guy who has been MIA all week.  Welcome back, Dan.  I think the majority of the board feels how you do.  I've seen several posters this week that were high on Marrone jump to the Quinn side this week too.

I do think he was the top candidate from the beginning and I'm excited it remained that way through The interview process.

LOL, sorry Jet Brothers, been busy with my family. I was a strong Marrone supporter, but Quinn has something about him everytime i keep reading about him.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 12:24

If they hire Maccagnan soon, he can have input into the coach decision and maybe hire some front office staff in a timely manner. If the have to wait on Quinn, he could also interview some coaches Quinn likes if need be
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 12:28

Sarge wrote:If they hire Maccagnan soon, he can have input into the coach decision and maybe hire some front office staff in a timely manner. If the have to wait on Quinn, he could also interview some coaches Quinn likes if need be

Well Well put! They can hire Shannahan in the meantime.

I was Just curious if some one can give me some insight on this:
    The Jets current scouting staff, will they remain with the Jets, or can Macagnan start from scratch and hire his own people from day one?

Is Terry Bradway still going to be here?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 12:45

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Sarge wrote:If they hire Maccagnan soon, he can have input into the coach decision and maybe hire some front office staff in a timely manner. If the have to wait on Quinn, he could also interview some coaches Quinn likes if need be

The Jets current scouting staff, will they remain with the Jets, or can Macagnan start from scratch and hire his own people from day one?

Unfortunately it will be Bradway and his scouting department we utilize for this years draft (2 months is not enough time for M&Q) to evaluate every college player in the draft.

I was hoping our precious buffoon GM fired Bradway's staff after the Milliner draft...he never had the power/balls todo it. Hopefully our new GM let's Bradway and team go in May. We'll see.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 12:55

Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

Unfortunately it will be Bradway and his scouting department we utilize for this years draft (2 months is not enough time for M&Q) to evaluate every college player in the draft.

I was hoping our precious buffoon GM fired Bradway's staff after the Milliner draft...he never had the power/balls todo it.  Hopefully our new GM let's Bradway and team go in May.  We'll see.

I'm not so sure now. I think that with Mac being strong on the personnel side, plus Dominick rumored to be coming in as well, Bradway may get fired before the draft. I'm also keeping my eye on Brian Gaine who is currently with the Texans. He started out as a Jets scout under Parcells and is from the Jersey area. I've read that he and Quinn are close too. I'm not sure though how much he has left on his contract or if the Texans would let him leave.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 13:11

football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

I was hoping our precious buffoon GM fired Bradway's staff after the Milliner draft...he never had the power/balls todo it.  Hopefully our new GM let's Bradway and team go in May.  We'll see.

I'm not so sure now. I think that with Mac being strong on the personnel side, plus Dominick rumored to be coming in as well, Bradway may get fired before the draft. I'm also keeping my eye on Brian Gaine who is currently with the Texans. He started out as a Jets scout under Parcells and is from the Jersey area. I've read that he and Quinn are close too. I'm not sure though how much he has left on his contract or if the Texans would let him leave.

Man I hope this is what happens.

On a side bar, reportedly Bill O'Brien and Marrone are very close and Marrone may be brought in as a consultant if he doesn't get a HC gig.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 13:59

Joe Caporoso
    ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    I can't sit here and say Macc is a "home run, slam dunk" candidate for GM because honestly who really knows BUT I can say he has a resume...

Joe Caporoso
    ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    ...and reputation that merits him receiving this opportunity. It also sounds like he will have opportunity to truly shake up scouting dept
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 15:59

I would be very happy if it is Mac and Quinn. And I do not believe that Bradway will be around for this draft. There's no need to keep him. Some of the scouts might stay, but I would bet the many of them will be gone before the draft. Macagnan has the personnel background and has probably already done a substantial amount of scouting on the prospects and crop of FAs. He can bring in his own team to run the draft and they will be well prepared. There is plenty of time.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 16:12

As far as making scouting changes it is easy firing people right away the problem may be when can the replacements be free of their current contracts to be hired. I believe most would expire after the draft.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 21:12

They have to be hammering out some contact details. I can't see money being an issue this long so maybe its responsibilities who gets to choose a HC and how the pecking order will be structured

Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 23s 23 seconds ago
    Mike Maccagnan is staying in New Jersey again tonight. Slated to meet with Jets again on Sunday. Day 3. #nyj
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 21:49

NickSINYC wrote:They have to be hammering out some contact details. I can't see money being an issue this long so maybe its responsibilities who gets to choose a HC and how the pecking order will be structured

Brian Costello @BrianCoz  ·  23s 23 seconds ago
    Mike Maccagnan is staying in New Jersey again tonight. Slated to meet with Jets again on Sunday. Day 3. #nyj

Agreed. Maccagnan looks like a done deal. He's staying overnight again. This has got Monday morning press announcement all over it.

Now, c'mon Panthers! Let's get Quinn announced, too!
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 22:17

Looks like Maccagnan's the guy. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 6:50