Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+4
NickSINYC
AFA2017
Superman55
football51
8 posters

Jets house broken not divided

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Jets house broken not divided Empty Jets house broken not divided

Post by football51 Thu 4 Dec 2014 - 16:49

I thought that this was such a good/informative read that it should have it's own thread. Really eye opening on all the conflicting agendas in the organization.

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/12/new-york-jets-house-broken-not-divided/
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Jets house broken not divided Empty Re: Jets house broken not divided

Post by Superman55 Thu 4 Dec 2014 - 17:53

Pretty good read. How Bradway ha made it through so many regimes is beyond me.
    AFA2017
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by AFA2017 Thu 4 Dec 2014 - 18:47

I agree, it was a pretty good read. I was never a Bradway fan and am hoping they can him. Its hard to imagine that we cannot develop players and once again are cellar dwellers.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 4 Dec 2014 - 19:00

I know it is not going to happen but I would love to see Woody sell the team. I have been saying for years he is the problem with the team.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Fri 5 Dec 2014 - 8:24

NickSINYC wrote:I know it is not going to happen but I would love to see Woody sell the team. I have been saying for years he is the problem with the team.

+1 - Does seem to point to Woody.  My guess is with all of the layers of front office folks, Woody wants nothing to do with the team other than sign the checks and cash in.  That's fine IMO, but with it we get a government-like entity that doesn't work very well.  The best thing that could happen is that no one shows up to the games or renews season tickets.  Until that happens Woody will have no reason to sell the team.  Pretty sad state of affairs.

BTW - TOJ website is the best source for Jets related articles on the internet.

Last edited by Old#15 on Fri 5 Dec 2014 - 9:02; edited 2 times in total
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Fri 5 Dec 2014 - 8:56

Like I said this team is a shambles and this article lends credence to that supposition. Thanks for the read although I could have done without affraid it...
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Fri 5 Dec 2014 - 11:14

to me the next most critical step for Woody is who he chooses to listen to as a football voice. That could shape the direction of this team for the foreseeable future.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 5 Dec 2014 - 11:17

Seaver wrote:to me the next most critical step for Woody is who he chooses to listen to as a football voice.  That could shape the direction of this team for the foreseeable future.

...he didnt do that 2 years ago when he worked with Polian in the GM search?
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Fri 5 Dec 2014 - 11:25

Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:to me the next most critical step for Woody is who he chooses to listen to as a football voice.  That could shape the direction of this team for the foreseeable future.

took the words out of my mouth.  Although the critical question is how narrow was Woody's consultation with Polian?  Was he asked to evaluate just the position that Idzik was hired for, or the football organization as a whole?
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 5 Dec 2014 - 14:20

Old#15 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

took the words out of my mouth.  Although the critical question is how narrow was Woody's consultation with Polian?  Was he asked to evaluate just the position that Idzik was hired for, or the football organization as a whole?

This doesn't always work though. Woody listened to Parcells and hired Groh. Then, he listened to him again the following year and hired Bradway. Then, you guessed it, he listened to Parcells again and promoted Tannenbaum. Getting advise from a football guru doesn't always work out. Look at the way Parcells set up the Dolphins organization. Just because the football man Woody seeks advise from knows how to do things doesn't mean he can select someone to do the job.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Fri 5 Dec 2014 - 14:30

If Woody wants to turn this around he doesn't only have to consult with Bill Polian, but hire him as the new Jets GM.
    With the right amount of $$$, Polian would take it to build something that he's known to do.

As far as the "Jets house broken but not divided", at 2-10, it doesn't matter, the house needs to be burnt to the ground and reconstructed brick by brick.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 9:33