A New Community for Jets Fans

Nick Foles

Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Nick Foles

Post by Superman55 on Thu 4 Dec 2014 - 15:40

Say the Eagles really like Sanchez and sign him to an extension (likely if his play continues). Foles will have 1 year left on his rookie deal and he's never been a "Chip Kelly guy."

I dont think Idzik drafts Winston or Mariota with his first rd pick (I still think he takes OL, likely Peat OT Stanford or Brandon Scherff OT Iowa as high grade prospects).

Making a trade for a high ceiling, experienced QB like Foles, may be an interesting scenario that likely becomes available.

Thoughts?:

Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Re: Nick Foles

Post by Sarge on Thu 4 Dec 2014 - 15:47

It's possible. New coach is going to have to decide the type of system they want to run and the best way to get a QB for that system, whether they are on the current roster, another roster, free agents, or draft picks
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver on Thu 4 Dec 2014 - 15:59

question on the Iowa T.........do they pass a lot? I guess it's the stereotype of the Big 10 being a run offense conference and having slower players that prompts me to ask the question. I would think on the surface the Stanford kid has been better tested. Pass blocking has to be the #1 criteria......linemen are taught at a very young age to run block - that should be instincts - but the pass blocking usually separates college talent from pro talent.

how do you ex-linemen see it?
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 10:01

I've been vouching for him since Chip was hired. i'd take him in a heart beat.

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche on Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 11:14

If Foles is beat out by Sanchez, what does that say about Foles ? It tells me, he is average to above average, but NOT a franchise QB.

The Jets need a franchise QB.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 11:42