A New Community for Jets Fans


    My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Share
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13252
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Sarge on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 9:19

    For entertainment purposes only, please no wagering
    (Updated Nov 25, 2014)

    Darrell Bevell (Seattle OC) 8-1  
    Pep Hamilton (Indy OC) 9-1
    Dan Quinn (Seattle DC) 10-1
    Todd Bowles (Arizona DC) 11-1
    Adam Gase (Denver OC) 12-1
    Greg Roman (SF OC) 14-1
    Gary Kubiak (Balitmore OC) 25-1
    Jack Del Rio (Denver DC) 26-1
    Hue Jackson (Cinnanati OC) 28-1
    Vic Fangio (SF DC) 28-1
    Rob Chudzinski (Ex Browns) 30-1
    Art Briles (Baylor) 30-1
    OTHER 30-1
    Kevin Sumlin (TAMU) 32-1
    Dave Toub (KC ST) 35-1
    Sean McDermott (Carolina DC) 40-1
    Jim Tomsula (SF ST) 47-1
    Frank Reich (San Diego OC) 50-1
    Brian Billick (Ex Ravens) 61-1
    Greg Schiano (Ex Rutgers) 63-1
    Lane Kiffin (Ex Raiders) 100-1
    avatar
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

    Posts : 340
    Points : 1318
    Join date : 2014-10-22

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Seaver on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 10:38

    with the mediocrity of QB play coming from CIN....with the weapons they have......why would we want Hue Jackson? Pass.

    Bowles might be the only winner on that list.
    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5095
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by GratefulJet on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 10:48

    We need a HC who is the exact opposite of Rex: someone with a keen understanding of offense, a disciplinarian, well-organized, even-keeled, good at managing/delegating. Does Mike McCarthy have a twin brother?
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13252
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Sarge on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 10:50

    Seaver wrote:with the mediocrity of QB play coming from CIN....with the weapons they have......why would we want Hue Jackson?  Pass.
    .

    Jackson has only been OC for the Bengals 1 season. He's a widely respected coach who is still young (49-50). I don't think he's a favorite, but he's going to be a head coach again in this league sooner than later.
    avatar
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

    Posts : 340
    Points : 1318
    Join date : 2014-10-22

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Seaver on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 10:53

    GratefulJet wrote:We need a HC who is the exact opposite of Rex: someone with a keen understanding of offense, a disciplinarian, well-organized, even-keeled, good at managing/delegating.  Does Mike McCarthy have a twin brother?

    not a big fan of McCarthy. Guy makes tons of gameday gaffes that his QB bails him out on.
    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5095
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by GratefulJet on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 10:57

    Seaver wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:We need a HC who is the exact opposite of Rex: someone with a keen understanding of offense, a disciplinarian, well-organized, even-keeled, good at managing/delegating.  Does Mike McCarthy have a twin brother?

    not a big fan of McCarthy.  Guy makes tons of gameday gaffes that his QB bails him out on.

    His QBs always play well. Maybe it's because of Tom Clements.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19432
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 13:36

    Seaver wrote:with the mediocrity of QB play coming from CIN....with the weapons they have......why would we want Hue Jackson?  Pass.

    Bowles might be the only winner on that list.


    ^^^ This. Man, I would like Bowles too. Bowles and Hamilton would be my top 2 picks.

    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13252
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Sarge on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 13:52

    Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:with the mediocrity of QB play coming from CIN....with the weapons they have......why would we want Hue Jackson?  Pass.

    Bowles might be the only winner on that list.


    ^^^  This.  Man, I would like Bowles too.  Bowles and Hamilton would be my top 2 picks.  


    If you hire Bowles (or Quinn), you have to be 100% sure you have an offensive coordinator you feel good about and can get. It can be done, but it's trickier than hiring an offense guy and getting a DC
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13252
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Sarge on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 14:23

    We might be getting a break this year and only be competing with a couple of other teams for coaches

    Oakland - Has a vacancy
    Jets - Rex is 100% fired
    Falcons - Mike Smith on the bubble
    49ers - Lots of reports Harbaugh is gone, but seems unlikely
    NY Giants - Coughlin could be gone. Might have another year
    Jaguars Gus Bradley definitely on the bubble
    Panthers - Ron Rivera is definitely on the bubble
    Bears - Marc Trestman is on the bubble

    Assuming 5 teams will have openings

    Oakland - Hue Jackson, Pep Hamilton, Darrell Bevell, Jack Del Rio, Adam Gase, David Shaw, Greg Roman
    Jets - Bevell, Hamilton, Dan Quinn, Todd Bowles, Gase, Roman, Gary Kubiak
    Jaguars - Hamilton, Gase, Bowles, Roman, Jackson, Vic Fangio, Kubiak, Jimbo Fisher, Art Briles
    Panthers - Hamilton, Gase, Roman, Bowles, Kubiak, Briles, Sumlin, Gus Malzhan
    Falcons - Briles, Bevell, Hamilton, Gase, Roman, Kubiak, James Franklin, Del Rio



    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43768
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by hobson54 on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 15:06

    i think harbaugh is gone. seems like it will be a mutual decision to part ways. the front office and players hate him and he wants to leave. hopefully he returns to his alma mater, but a potential vacancy in chicago could change things
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13252
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Sarge on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 15:17

    If Harbaugh leaves, 49ers would stay in house with Roman, Fangio, or Tomsula
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19432
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 15:24

    hobson54 wrote:i think harbaugh is gone.  seems like it will be a mutual decision to part ways.  the front office and players hate him and he wants to leave.  hopefully he returns to his alma mater, but a potential vacancy in chicago could change things

    Agreed on both points.  If Chicago and Michigan are open...wow, I think he would really struggle with that decision and be heart broke about which one he didnt take...seriously, he's a passionate guy.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19432
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 15:25

    Sarge wrote:If Harbaugh leaves, 49ers would stay in house with Roman, Fangio, or Tomsula

    Also agree on both points, pending one or two following Harbough...

    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 474
    Points : 11516
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by cysporsche on Thu 27 Nov 2014 - 11:27

    Sarge wrote:If Harbaugh leaves, 49ers would stay in house with Roman, Fangio, or Tomsula


    I have heard the Harbaugh's wife does not want to leave California, surely he won't go to the Raiders to make her happy ?

    Go Jets...Cyborg

    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 474
    Points : 11516
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by cysporsche on Thu 27 Nov 2014 - 11:31

    Sarge wrote:For entertainment purposes only, please no wagering
    (Updated Nov 25, 2014)

    Darrell Bevell (Seattle OC) 8-1  
    Pep Hamilton (Indy OC) 9-1
    Dan Quinn (Seattle DC) 10-1
    Todd Bowles (Arizona DC) 11-1
    Adam Gase (Denver OC) 12-1
    Greg Roman (SF OC) 14-1
    Gary Kubiak (Balitmore OC) 25-1
    Jack Del Rio (Denver DC) 26-1
    Hue Jackson (Cinnanati OC) 28-1
    Vic Fangio (SF DC) 28-1
    Rob Chudzinski (Ex Browns) 30-1
    Art Briles (Baylor) 30-1
    OTHER 30-1
    Kevin Sumlin (TAMU) 32-1
    Dave Toub (KC ST) 35-1
    Sean McDermott (Carolina DC) 40-1
    Jim Tomsula (SF ST) 47-1
    Frank Reich (San Diego OC) 50-1
    Brian Billick (Ex Ravens) 61-1
    Greg Schiano (Ex Rutgers) 63-1
    Lane Kiffin (Ex Raiders) 100-1

    If you are going to add Lane Kiffin to your list, what about Todd Haley OC / Steelers or Josh McDaniel OC / Patriots ?

    Go Jets...Cyborg
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13252
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Sarge on Thu 27 Nov 2014 - 17:01

    I you can have either of them at 30-1

    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 474
    Points : 11516
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by cysporsche on Thu 27 Nov 2014 - 19:54

    How about the best coach in football, Nick Saban / Tide !

    Go Jets...Cyborg
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13252
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Sarge on Thu 27 Nov 2014 - 20:16

    You can't have Saban
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13252
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Sarge on Thu 27 Nov 2014 - 20:44

    5 potential next Jets head coaches in this Thanksgiving night game

    Darrell Bevell
    Dan Quinn
    Greg Ro man
    Vic Fangio
    Jim Tomsula

    Also Kevin Sumlin and Texas A&M playing LSU now

    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

    Posts : 401
    Points : 2803
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Blindsidebrick on Thu 27 Nov 2014 - 21:18

    cysporsche wrote:
    Sarge wrote:If Harbaugh leaves, 49ers would stay in house with Roman, Fangio, or Tomsula


    I have heard the Harbaugh's wife does not want to leave California, surely he won't go to the Raiders to make her happy ?

    Go Jets...Cyborg

    If Harbaugh goes to Oakland, that's a career-ending decision. He'll be the fall guy when the Raiders continue their suckiness.
    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5095
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by GratefulJet on Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 10:18

    Rich Rod anyone?

    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43768
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by hobson54 on Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 10:55

    GratefulJet wrote:Rich Rod anyone?


    is this serious, or are you trying to give me a heart attack? Shocked

    yes, i know chip kelly made the successful transition from spread option college coach to the nfl. but he is by far the exception.

    i don't want a college coach with no pro experience. and i definitely don't want a college coach that doesn't run a pro style offense.
    avatar
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

    Posts : 560
    Points : 5095
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by GratefulJet on Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 11:25

    I'm not a fan of his, just trying to see if anyone out there is.

    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 370
    Points : 43768
    Join date : 2014-09-12

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by hobson54 on Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 13:46

    Roman seems to have lost a lot of his luster. the Niners offense is a mess and Kaepernick is regressing. on the Michigan board, people don't even want him as an OC if Harbaugh is hired.
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13252
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Sarge on Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 14:31

    hobson54 wrote:Roman seems to have lost a lot of his luster.  the Niners offense is a mess and Kaepernick is regressing.  on the Michigan board, people don't even want him as an OC if Harbaugh is hired.

    Yep, his odds will drop in the update next week

    Sponsored content

    Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 8:14