Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+3
SackExchange
cysporsche
Sarge
7 posters

My official prediction is Darrell Bevell

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

My official prediction is Darrell Bevell  Empty My official prediction is Darrell Bevell

Post by Sarge Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 11:16

If / When Rex is fired, it just makes so much sense for Jets to hire Seattle OC Darrell Bevell.

Now, if Idzik hates Bevell or Bevell hates Idzik, ok, that might put a guy like Pep Hamilton, Adam Gase, Greg Roman, or Frank Reich in play

I really don't think it will be a defensive guy or a retread. Maybe a college coach like Sumlin, Holgerson, or Malzhan.

But I'd bet $5 that it will be Bevell and $10-12 if I could bet on the block of Bevell, Hamilton, Gase, Roman or Reich

Thank you
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

My official prediction is Darrell Bevell  Empty Re: My official prediction is Darrell Bevell

Post by cysporsche Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 14:32

Instead of an NFL "retread", why not hire one of the best up and comers in College ? He is Brian Kelly @ Notre Dame. He has turned every football program around shortly after his arrival. ND was an 8-5 team until Kelly showed up. He's 52 and ready for a bigger challenge in his career.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

My official prediction is Darrell Bevell  Empty Re: My official prediction is Darrell Bevell

Post by Sarge Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 14:37

I'd be happy with Kelly. James Franklin at Penn State, too. But if I had to be to I'd bet on Bevell

cysporsche wrote:Instead of an NFL "retread", why not hire one of the best up and comers in College ? He is Brian Kelly @ Notre Dame. He has turned every football program around shortly after his arrival. ND was an 8-5 team until Kelly showed up. He's 52 and ready for a bigger challenge in his career.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 15:08

I would want to wait on someone like Franklin. He needs to make PSU a top team before I'd be ready to give him an NFL job.

Kelly wouldn't be a terrible choice.

My biggest concern is that some big-name NCAA coaches have not transitioned well. Saban? Spurrier? Years ago, but Lou Holtz?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 15:39

Idzik, Bevell, and Mariota should be the group to try and turn the Jets around, IMO.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 15:40

BtW- it won't be Bevell. Harvin will be a Jet in 2015, which tells me Bevell probably won't be.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 15:49

Agreed. With Bevell not seeing eye-to-eye with Harvin, I don't see him being the choice.

And with what we saw last week with Harvin's production, even in a loss, it can be argued that it is on Bevell that he could not find a way to use a talent like Harvin. It's an indictment on Bevell's ability to use the talent he has.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 15:50

Superman55 wrote:Idzik, Bevell, and Mariota should be the group to try and turn the Jets around, IMO.

How about Idzik, Roman, and Mariota?
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 16:07

I like Roman, too, but his stock has fallen among 49ers fans. Like a lot of fan bases, including the Jets, the armchair play callers are down on him.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 16:45

football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Idzik, Bevell, and Mariota should be the group to try and turn the Jets around, IMO.

Pep Hamilton is on fire right now. Roman looks like a product of Harbough right now...but so did Pettine and look at him.

Talking about Harbough, would you take a swing at him? I think he's an ass and burning bridges by the minute in San Fran. I like him better than Gruden and Cowher.

Wish we were looking last year, love O'Brien and Zimmer from last year's FA coaches.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 16:48

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:

Pep Hamilton is on fire right now.  Roman looks like a product of Harbough right now...but so did Pettine and look at him.

Talking about Harbough, would you take a swing at him?  I think he's an ass and burning bridges by the minute in San Fran.  I like him better than Gruden and Cowher.

Wish we were looking last year, love O'Brien and Zimmer from last year's FA coaches.
    I am ready to jump on the Harbough bandwagon. I just hope things are so bad there they just cut him loose. I would rather not lose a draft pick this year as high as we will be picking for him.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 9 Nov 2014 - 9:35

Yeah, hard to see Idzik going with Jim Harbaugh, just because Harbaugh gives the impression he wouldn't play nice with John. Who knows what kind of actual relationship they have with each other, but it's usually those relationships that drive these decisions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 1:35