A New Community for Jets Fans

Vick to start against KC

SackExchange

Vick to start against KC

Post by SackExchange on Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 16:48

Announced at the presser. Rex must still have some say, as this is a move that will really help few but him.
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Re: Vick to start against KC

Post by The Wicker Man on Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 16:49

It's the right move, plus, i would elevate Simms.
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet on Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 17:35

One has to wonder, short of the literal deaths of Smith and Vick, what it will take to get Simms a week with the 1's in practice and a start that Sunday. I am guessing Simms will remain on the PS despite the utter debacle that was our QB position yesterday.

If I were BB (or the Bills) and still even cared a whit what the Jets do, I'd snatch Simms off our PS, just to tweak Rex and Idzik.
    DonMaynard
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by DonMaynard on Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 16:12

GratefulJet wrote:One has to wonder, short of the literal deaths of Smith and Vick, what it will take to get Simms a week with the 1's in practice and a start that Sunday. I am guessing Simms will remain on the PS despite the utter debacle that was our QB position yesterday.

If I were BB (or the Bills) and still even cared a whit what the Jets do, I'd snatch Simms off our PS, just to tweak Rex and Idzik.
    I don't mean to sound facetious , but I just can't see any team in contention , reaching out to take any player not good enough to make this Jet roster!
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 on Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 15:31

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 12m 12 minutes ago
    They sound organized RT @DWAZ73: Harvin says he found out this morning - yes, really - from the coaches that Vick would be starting. #Jets
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet on Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 15:53

DonMaynard wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:One has to wonder, short of the literal deaths of Smith and Vick, what it will take to get Simms a week with the 1's in practice and a start that Sunday. I am guessing Simms will remain on the PS despite the utter debacle that was our QB position yesterday.

I don't mean to sound facetious , but I just can't see any team in contention , reaching out to take any player not good enough to make this Jet roster!

I was the one being facetious! Doing something like that would be vindictive, spiteful...and right in character for Belichek.

soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj on Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 16:06

football51 wrote:Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  ·  12m 12 minutes ago
    They sound organized RT @DWAZ73: Harvin says he found out this morning - yes, really - from the coaches that Vick would be starting. #Jets

just goes to show you how disorganized and dysfunctional this team is under Ryan...
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet on Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 8:28

With the word that Geno didn't throw at all at practive due to his sore shoulder, one has to wonder why they're waiting to add Simms to the 53 and get him some reps in case Vick gets hurt. If there was ever a golden opportunity to see what the kid can do, this is it. Have to think there's someone on the 53 man roster of this 1-7 juggernaut we can risk passing through waivers to make room for Matt.

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick on Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 14:14

Don't understand why people want Simms. Simms was atrocious against San Diego last year. I've seen enough of him to know he's definitely not a long term answer. Maybe as a backup, but definitely NOT starter quality.
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC on Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 14:27

Blindsidebrick wrote:Don't understand why people want Simms. Simms was atrocious against San Diego last year. I've seen enough of him to know he's definitely not a long term answer. Maybe as a backup, but definitely NOT starter quality.
    My thinking is Smith should not be starting. Vick is in no way a long term solution and now that the season is a total loss why waste any snaps on him.

I agree I do not believe Simms will ever be a starter but I have not seen enough of him yet to know if he is a long term answer as a 2nd or 3rd string QB so I want to see more of him before we have to set our roster next season.
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet on Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 15:27

Blindsidebrick wrote:Don't understand why people want Simms. Simms was atrocious against San Diego last year. I've seen enough of him to know he's definitely not a long term answer. Maybe as a backup, but definitely NOT starter quality.

One of the coaches, can't recall if it was Lee or Mornhinweg, was raving about him in TC. I dunno, something different? Just tired of seeing Vick and Smith go out there and screw up. He's probably not the answer, but might as well find out for sure. Plus, at this point, isn't losing a good thing?
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver on Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 15:39

This is going to be ugly.......Aboushi led OL last week in allowing QB hurries/hits........and that in turn is compromising Brick on that side. Ugly. It's one thing to be a backup, but the Jets have had woefully bad OL depth for years now.........unacceptable.
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 on Thu 30 Oct 2014 - 17:44

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 2h 2 hours ago
    Kansas City Chiefs:

19th rushing defense,
    1st in passing defense.

Memo to Marty

#Jets

Sponsored content