Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+24
skop
soj
The Wicker Man
Old#15
LIJETFAN
HYATT™
WilliesDad
JohnnyBaseball
trico990
cysporsche
Superman55
GratefulJet
danfran
Metjetgal
SackExchange
Lakerfan1980
NCgreen12
Blindsidebrick
Atljet60
jamesfyo123
hobson54
NYJETSDAN16
NickSINYC
football51
28 posters

Jets trade for Percy Harvin

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Jets trade for Percy Harvin - Page 3 Empty Re: Jets trade for Percy Harvin

Post by Superman55 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 9:42

The timing of the trade is very peculiar, obviously, for all parties involved. But this is exactly what the offense needed.  Even as the harshest critic of Idzik, I have to applaud this move.  I feel this is Idzik's way of saying he believes in Rex, Marty, and Geno.

There are now no excuses for the offense not making marked improvements.  I seriously feel if we started this season with Harvin, we'd be 5-2 today.  But obviously the trade happened at this time for a reason we'll never know. With 9 games to go, Rex and Co. Have what they need for 5-6 wins in the last 9 and I wouldn't be shocked if we now finish 7-9 or 8-8.

I know there are a lot of reports now about Harvin being a locker room cancer, but I think he'll want to prove people wrong and the Jets have wanted the kid in the fold a long time.  I think he'll find a lot of support here and hopefully Vick and Cj2k can take the kid under their wing and settle things down for him.

I truly believe this move shows Idzik's belief in what the jets currently have and shows the Jets aren't mailing in this season and on the last two off seasons.  I really feel this will be a great move by Idzik in the Decker/Ivory mold and really takes the heat off him for not giving Rex, Marty, and Geno what they need to be successful.  

Now Geno has reliable targets in Decker and Kerley, safety valves CJ2k and ivory, and expanding budding Star in Amaro, and now a game changer in Harvin. These 9 games are really going to be telling.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 9:56

This is day and night when compared to the trading of Santonio Holmes. We gave Holmes guarantees that had us locked down to him no matter what we did.
    Percy on the other hand must play for his contract that is left from Seattle after this year. I believe he would have 3 years remaining. If he has the "Santonio cancer room syndrome" he gets cut and all we lose is a 4rth.
    I just see tremendous upside and view this as a well calculated move. No agenda against Rex as many idiotic meida news members want to sell to everyone.

As I said earlier, if we take the next three games, we will be back in it. I have been a disease on this board against Geno, but these remaining game can be had and now he has adequate weapons around him.

Again, keep in mind, Idzik love signing players with huge chips on their shoulders:
    Willie Colon
    Dawan Landry
    Chris Ivory
    CJ2K
    Eric Decker
    and also drafting Geno Smith.

This team has been very close in every game except one. We were one link away on offense from converting FG's into TD. Fellas, we now have that.

10-6, BANK IT. I strongly believe. Do you guys?
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 10:54

Jets Cut David Nelson To Make Room For Harvin

The Jets' addition of wideout Percy Harvin and all of his accessorized baggage made one of the eight wideouts already on the 53-man roster expendable.

Looks like wideout David Nelson is the odd man out. A source confirmed Saturday morning the Jets plan to cut Nelson to make room for Harvin. Ironically, Nelson and Harvin had been teammates at the University of Florida.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 12:26

Jet brother's, how can you not totally be psyched about this trade ? Idzik stole Harvin for a conditional 4th round pick, than can turn into a 3rd or 2nd rounder, depending on production. If he's hurt and does not play a lot, it's a 4th, if he tears it up, it could possibly become a 2nd rounder ? My guess is that we just got one of the most exciting players in the NFL for a 3rd rounder, plus he's an incredible PR & possibly KR. That's a friggin steal considering the Seafish gave up a 1st, 3rd & 7th to get him from the Vikes.

And keep in mind that most of all the negative stuff on ESPN is the Nerd from Seattle John Clayton, who worships the Seahawks. He is slamming Harvin, saying he got into locker room fights with Tate & Baldwin, and that he would not re-enter the final drive in the Cowboy loss ? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

If anyone saw the Kevin Costner movie Draft Day, the old wise GM screwed his young prodigy GM in a trade. Hope Schneider is not screwing Idzik his pupal in this trade !

Regardless of all the B.S. from ESPN or even our own fans, this was a great trade by Idzik. Now with Harvin, Decker, Kerley, Cumberland, Amaro, Ivory & Johnson, it falls on Marty & Geno to jump start our offense. I bet Marty is excited to use Harvin like he did with DeSean Jackson in Philly.

I can't wait until the Buffalo game, the Jets proved to me against the Patriots they can play with anyone, and that did not include Percy Harvin.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 12:31

GratefulJet wrote:Jets Cut David Nelson To Make Room For Harvin

The Jets' addition of wideout Percy Harvin and all of his accessorized baggage made one of the eight wideouts already on the 53-man roster expendable.

Looks like wideout David Nelson is the odd man out. A source confirmed Saturday morning the Jets plan to cut Nelson to make room for Harvin. Ironically, Nelson and Harvin had been teammates at the University of Florida.

I would have cut Powell or Haslim now that we have Harvin to return punts and maybe be our KR. I think Nelson makes a good 4 or 5 WR on our team.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 12:49

cysporsche wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:Jets Cut David Nelson To Make Room For Harvin

I would have cut Powell or Haslim now that we have Harvin to return punts and maybe be our KR. I think Nelson makes a good 4 or 5 WR on our team.

Go Jets...Cyborg

More ironic, similar to our #2 CB situation, it's week 7 and already both out #2 WRs in camp (Hill and Nelson) have been released and both our #2 CBs are no longer on the roster (Patterson cut and McDougle on IR).

However, I agree this is a steal for what we have up and a difference maker. I expect to see Decker isolated on one side and a lot of bunch formations of Kerley, Harvin, and Amaro on the otherside. I suspect that will cause a lot of match up issues when you factor in the backs. This is a elite talent that needs to be managed carefully.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 12:51

Dan Leberfeld @jetswhispers · 25m 25 minutes ago
    I do think Mike Vick, from "The 757," the Virginia Beach-area, like Harvin, will be a help, a big brother for Percy

WOW........... this says a conditional 6th round pick.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/troubling-incidents-involving-percy-harvin-light-trade-jets-blog-entry-1.1978903?cid=bitly

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 12:56

Kyle Rudolph @KyleRudolph82 · 17h 17 hours ago
    Best of luck to Percy as he heads to New York. The Jets just got themselves a WEAPON!

Once again, ESPN and John Clayton are hot garbage Rolling Eyes .

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 9m 9 minutes ago
    The #Seahawks received a conditional 6th round pick in 2015 that can become a 4th rounder in exchange for new #Jets WR Percy Harvin.

Great trade.

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 13:07

Do these talking heads realize that Harvin and Darrell Bevell were together with the Vikings and Bevell pushed for the trade to get him to Seattle? Not a scheme fit? He sure looked like a fit with the Vikings especially when Favre was throwing him the ball.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 13:08

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 3h 3 hours ago
    He is pumped. RT @TerryinSoCalif: @RapSheet Any idea how Harvin feels about the trade?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 13:10

football51 wrote:Kyle Rudolph @KyleRudolph82  ·  17h 17 hours ago
    Best of luck to Percy as he heads to New York. The Jets just got themselves a WEAPON!

Once again, ESPN and John Clayton are hot garbage Rolling Eyes .

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet  ·  9m 9 minutes ago
    The #Seahawks received a conditional 6th round pick in 2015 that can become a 4th rounder in exchange for new #Jets WR Percy Harvin.

Great trade.

He's one of the top 10 offensive talents in the NFL when his head is right. For a 4th to 6th rounder, it's a no brainer.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 13:18

Everyone, please turn your brains off before reading this link. So, Idzik traded for Harvin to placate a coach and his staff for 9 games even though he's going to fire him in a little over 2 months Rolling Eyes . Now, Rex very well may get fired, but the whole premise of this article is pure fantasy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/44841/idzik-placates-his-coach-with-new-toy-but-its-too-late?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 13:22

Considering no one in the Jets organization talks to this troll(which is why he covers the team the way he does), he must be listening to the voices in his head.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 7m 7 minutes ago
    Some in Jets organization are cautiously optimistic that a change of scenery will do Percy Harvin some good. Others just aren't sold #nyj

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 13:37

I am so frickin' sick of the media bashing anything the Jets do. I knew that the second I heard word of the Harvin trade, that there would be a campaign of character assassination against him. It's both the local trolls, like Mehta and Cimini, and the national guys, like Clayton.

Anything the Jets do has to be bashed. I believe it's law, or at least one of the core rules of sports journalism.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 13:38

GratefulJet wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Metjetgal wrote:I'm very happy, as long as this does not turn into a 2nd rounder . It will be very interesting to see what he adds to the offense .
    If it turns into a second, it means Harvin panned out and he's here to stay. That would negate the need to use a top pick on another WR.

Is that what the terms are? Do you know that it's performance-based, as opposed to simple roster status on a calendar date?
    Not sure, but if it is roster status, if he's not working out, they just cut him right before that date.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 13:48

SackExchange wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Metjetgal wrote:I'm very happy, as long as this does not turn into a 2nd rounder . It will be very interesting to see what he adds to the offense .
    If it turns into a second, it means Harvin panned out and he's here to stay. That would negate the need to use a top pick on another WR.

Is that what the terms are? Do you know that it's performance-based, as opposed to simple roster status on a calendar date?
    Not sure, but if it is roster status, if he's not working out, they just cut him right before that date.

Well, the most it can be is a 4th. That's what Idzik gave up to get Ivory. Hopefully, this works out just as well.
    trico990
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by trico990 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 13:50

Firstly I think this is a great addition for the Jets

But Idzik is a genius for making this move huh? The same guy that passed on DeSean Jackson is suddenly a genius that stole Harvin??? I think it's much more likely that Seattle HAD to get rid of Harvin and Schneider gave his buddy Idzik the inside track. I'll give Idzik credit for being in the right place at the right time but to think he maneuvered this trade in any way is folly IMO.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 13:55

So the pick is between a fourth and sixth, not a second and fourth? Are you kidding me?

Anyone...ANYONE...who bashes Idzik for this trade is simply a hater, either of Idzik or of the Jets, or both.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 13:56

trico990 wrote:Firstly I think this is a great addition for the Jets

But Idzik is a genius for making this move huh? The same guy that passed on DeSean Jackson is suddenly a genius that stole Harvin??? I think it's much more likely that Seattle HAD to get rid of Harvin and Schneider gave his buddy Idzik the inside track. I'll give Idzik credit for being in the right place at the right time but to think he maneuvered this trade in any way is folly IMO.

I haven't seen anyone suggest that he did. It's still a great trade. Also, I don't believe that MM & Vick gave as glowing a recommendation on Jackson privately as they did publicly. However, Idzik does get credit for being patient, not overreacting, and being able to still have the cap space to execute the trade.

Aboushi gives it a thumbs up.

Oday Aboushi @Oday_Aboushi75 · 37m 37 minutes ago
    Lamborghini mercy, we got Percy. #Welcome

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 13:58

The Jets aren't the only team in the league to have had this opportunity. But they were the only team asked who said Harvin is worth a sixth, and if he pans out, a fourth.

How can you not give the GM credit when he makes such a one-sided deal? So what if Seattle had to move? He was the one who was there to pick up the pieces. He deserves credit for that.

I just don't comprehend not giving Idzik credit for this.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 14:05

You sound like me here. Smile. I thought about that too, and how no draft picks would have needed to be traded for DJax and DJax only counts $3.5 mill towards this year's cap compared to Harvin's $8-10; however, that ship has sailed, and this, at least, could be a lesson learned. As Parcells used to say, you don't win with choir boys in this league. Idzik may have learned his lesson from DJax or he prefers Harvin's problems over DJax's (with Marty in the locker room and plenty of friends in Seattle, I'm sure he has enough info on both players).

I believe he's going into this eyes wide open and Harvin is definitely a Player we needed. How we got here is a moot point for me, just glad to see Idzik pull the switch on something we need. If he pulled the DJax move, we'd probably be 5-2 and talking play-off bye, at least now we have a reason for hope the rest of the season. I don't know about you, but I wasn't looking forward to watching the last 2 games and we didn't even start the last game thread till less than 24 hours before the game started (which means none of us were excited to talk about the game). This definitely infuses some life into the organization and hope for the future, IMO.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 14:15

Almost no WR is a choir boy. Given a choice between the two right now, everything else being equal, I'd rather have Harvin than DJax. He's a year younger, and although there have been huge attempts to destroy his character ever since the trade, those questions about DJax existed without him becoming a Jet.

Could anyone imagine him becoming a Jet, though? The media love bashing good guys who become Jets, just because they play for the green and white. If the Jets had a guy like DJax, he would be a worse person than Idi Amin.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 14:59

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 15:00

For all the talk about chemistry, it seems that several Seahawks were troubled by him leaving. Avril, Lynch, etc.

Not to mention he couldn't have upset Seattle's chemistry too much over the past 1 3/8 seasons.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 15:01

I just saw this.

It makes me wonder - do he and Mehta do their opposition research ahead of time, having all the negative stuff on every guy in the league so they are ready whenever the Jets bring in someone?

Or do they start researching for their smear campaign after a guy has become a Jet?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 20:00